and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by Doggy »

Nice bit of ventilation improvement there.

The drain thingy on BM's is ridiculous - the ecu sits in a plastic box, the bottom of which could be watertight but they've fitted a one-way drain valve to let any water run out the bottom. Needless to say this leaks like a sieve if you push the empty box an inch or so into a bucket of water. Only the Germans are arrogant/stupid enough to believe compounding a feckup with an ill-conceived bodge equals a solution. (On one US website, I found one guy lamenting the $15,000 his THREE ecu drownings had cost him)!

Thanks for the tips folks, this one's got a separate pressure switch on the end of a hose from the drain pipework for level control, which works correctly during a rinse, but (mostly) not during a wash. I'd have to swap the inlet valve set (£15) to prove it's not that after replacing the pump, (£23) to probably still not sort it and it's nearly 10 years old......

(The fact that Mrs Doggy regards the prospect of shopping for a new one as an adventure / foreign holiday substitute may also have coloured my judgement).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Mmm, oh yes the lure of shiny new. Not keen on it myself because manufacturers are getting built in obsolescence down to a fine art these days. 1 week past the warranty and it's pop! Time for a new one :(
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I R did get hit by "giant hail" in July :frown:

Both our 'new' cars completely hammered with dents (over 300 dents between 2 cars). I ran* outside to try cover the cars and got my head split open by the hail - they f*cking hurt, golf ball sized and rock-hard all on a day that was 25 deg C an hour beforehand :?

Luckily the insurance took them away and fixed them using magic 'PDR' techniques (read: men came over from that Germany to do it) and the end result is simply staggering! you would never know there were any dents before and the cars are probably better now than before with various bits of brand-new trimmage etc. and not a drop of paint used in the process.

To be honest I thought both would be written off at first but have to say the PDR methods are mind-blowing.

The courtesy* cars were one VW Polo which was so depressing we sent it back after 5 days to let someone else have the pleasure* and the other car was a Poxhall Corsa with one missing cylinder and turbo-age - that thing was an absolute hoot! 130bhp and a great lump of torque, and a solid 50mpg, did about 1200 miles in it including 2 long motorway runs and the 3-cyl pez engine makes a brilliant alternative to a dizzler - I was very impressed, so much so I'd even buy one with my own money :shock:

Health-wise I've been struggling to get used to all the meds still, the Statins have caused muscle damage and pain so right now I'm off those awaiting trial of a lower dose....blood test....waiting....blood tests.....etc etc.

Just started my face to face Re-Hab sessions which were previously not available because: Covid so I'm on a bit of a fitness drive going forward but I'm happy and relaxed in general.

The little Twingo missed out on all the hail fun as it was miles away having the cambelt and other expensive things done, it gifted me an Engine Light for no valid reason yesterday - thanks for that :lol:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi Welters, good to hear from you and you're doing ok. I hear those statins can mess you up, I hope you get a minimal dose or even can do without them.

Golf ball-szed hail? Try cricket ball (or larger :shock: ). As I said up the thread, the cars are insured and, at the end of the day they're only an appliance. Your head, on the other hand... I've been there myself though, you can't just sit and watch your property being damaged. But after I've seen the damage hail can do, smashing car windows and breaking roof tiles, I'll be damned if I'm going out there (without a crash helmet :supafrisk: ). Even if it's not that bad there's the chance of it suddenly getting bigger...

I hear good things about those paintless dent repairs, I've not seen it done (yet) but it's good to know it really is that good. Not too keen on a tiny engine with a huge turbot attached myself, it just doesn't seem like it's going to last.

So.... I've been a bit remiss in my updates again. Things seem to change all the time and I just don't get around to it. Anyway, Mina's leg is just about recovered, the dressing should come off finally Monday. That's 6 weeks! Every couple of days to the vet's for treatment and redressing. The sad thing is it would probably have been quicker to have the leg amputated, kinder too, I just don't know how I'd feel about it.

Linda the gonić is now bigger than Scooter
and still destroying everything (to date 1 pair of leggings, 2 tops, 7 pillow cases and 2 pillows, also chewed shoes, shredded newspapers etc. etc). She gets her first rabies shots tomorrow.

Yoyo II is still going, it just doesn't go wrong. It's still sporting its winter tyres because both too lazy and it's just not doing much mileage, so I'd rather the cheaper tyres disintegrate in the sun.

Weather-wise, the heat/drought looks like it's finally ended. Max today was a beautifully cool 20.7 degrees. As it looks like droughts (and floods :shock: ) will be the way of things now I've upgraded my water containment facilities:

I've wanted one of these for a while but I couldn't justify the 200 quid, then I found a guy selling used but clean ones for a quarter that, so I bought 4 (one went next door). Hopefully I won't need the water any more this year but I'm trying to get the plumbing right (it's picking up the downpipe from next door's barn roof). Obv. it needs some more work but the plumbing is fun and pretty cheap (a 50mm elbow is about 60p).

And finally, this guy turned up yesterday:

Male, about 3 months. I thought he was blind in his left eye but I didn't want to shine a torch in his face, so today he's been to the vet's and it turns out his cornea has a big scar on it (poor little guy), the eye works but the vision isn't so good. Ah well, cat's eyesight isn't their main feature anyway. I don't suppose anyone will want a half-blind kitten so...

We now have eleven cats.

He's got to wait 2 weeks for his vaccination, so I'm trying not to get too attached as we already lost 4 kittens to panleucopenia (feline parvo) which is in the environment here. Apparently there's no point in having him fostered in the interim as if he's going to get it he's already got it.

Oh yes of course I've named him, he's David, as in Bowie.

Welly

Post by Welly »

Great to hear from you again, you and Mrs_Wiggy deserve a medal for your animal care antics over the years.

Bit disappointing to hear the Yoyo is reliable enough, would prefer ‘OMG head gasket failure’ .....must try harder :)

The small turbo pez engine thing used to bother me but I think manufacturing is so precise now and oil quality so good then I ‘think’ we’re all good to go despite our perhaps old fashioned values? Doesn’t matter a hoot anyway because we’ll all be driving ‘lectrics soon charged up by a mahoosive wind farm in Steve_Earwigs back yard... once the tommies have gone over :oops:
Cars in my care:
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Welly - Glad to hear you had the sense to dive indoors after the first hail stone clobbered you. Makes a change to hear about insurance actually doing someone some good for a change.
Hope you get the meds sorted out and continue to get back on your feet asap
FWIW I'm also a 3-cyl turbo sceptic, (says he with a simple* petrol direct injection, variable valve timing, 12-1 comp ratio gas guzzler), but it does seem modern stuff kinda works. In the 1980's turbo F1 era I put it down to engine management systems finally having the processing power to protect tiny engines producing massive amounts of power. Modern oils, materials and much finer manufacturing tolerances clearly play a big part too.
Not relishing electric cars myself, they're only going to become economic by artificially killing off everything else. Shame, if they'd get into their heads that the wheels need to be the motors and the brakes, sling out all the 'legacy' stuff from current vehicles they could be massively lighter/simpler/more efficient and ultimatley cheaper.

Steve - I agree with young Welton, the stuff you do for those animals is amazing.
:shock: Do you need 3-ton of water? (As well as the um well)?
Wot you need next is some solar battery charging to power nocturnal irrigation to minimse that evaporation
That there stock of firewood looks mega-neat - does it come like that or are you just fanatically tidy?

Looks like you need a forklift

Meanwhile, I has been wasting far too much time fitting a towbar to the BM. Irrationally I decided it had to be invisible so went for a stupidly expensive Westfalia removable version that avoids having to cut bits out of the bumper skin or undertray. I balked at paying another £200 or so to get it fitted so did it myself. Took ages but at least it's done right.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Thanks guys, but there' are so many stray cats & dogs here I couldn't do anything else. Just now there are kittens everywhere - currently at the vet's:
I go out for a ride on my bike, stop off for a smoke outside a derelict restaurant and
(I went back for her in the car with kitten food and a box but she'd gone :( ) T'wife's aunty called us last week, she's found 2 kittens in Lidl carpark and have we got room for them? :cry:

It helps that we're 5 minutes from the vet's and they're (ridiculously) cheap (compared to GB). Food is a problem mind: my brother orders his cat grub from Zooplus over there, savings to be made. Zooplus exists over here too but the savings are minimal, it's just about worth buying, plus we don't have to search about for stuff we know they'll eat. So I've made a few orders and we've had to buy more cupboards to accommodate it (there go any savings :roll: ) Of course anything on special in the supermarket beats it hands down, so we're still on the lookout all the time.

Incidentally, Zooplus GB lists Felix Sensations jumbo pack at £2.67 / kg, while here it's Kn 30,87 / kg which works out at £3.51 and it aint shipping costs because it all comes from Germany. Now who's getting ripped off? :evil:

A Mina earlier today
(I might be biassed but I think she's beautiful)

David must think he's died and gone to heaven... (well if the stupid dogs are just going to leave their food lying about).

How many people have made their cats a table to play on?
(Mina & Kika). It's the old pig door from the pigsty, I was going to burn it until I noticed how interesting the cats thought it was. It only took a whole day in the heat...
Doggy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:09 am Do you need 3-ton of water? (As well as the um well)?
You mean do I need more than 4 tonnes... During the drought I was watering twice a day, maybe 150 litres (btw everyone else's gardens shrivelled up and died). The well almost dried up, I was getting maybe 80 litres a day pumping it out 4 times a day. I'll get it cleaned but I don't suppose it goes down much more (chap over the road's only goes down 10 meters). I almost had to resort to tap water a couple of times but just about made it. And then we had all this rain and I just think it's a tragedy, all that free water going to waste...

Today's modifications:
The valves came from Germany, 15 quid a pop inc. p&p (they're 70 quid here for the same thing :evil: ) Although thinking about it I reckon the water's going to go straight out of the overflow now (more modifications on the way...)

The garden appears to be drawing to an end
We've had a ridiculous amount of tomatoes from my ridiculous amount of tomato plants...
Ohh we have a butternut squash for supper, it'd better be nice
'cos I've got dozens of the things :shock:
Doggy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:09 am In the 1980's turbo F1 era...
Err, aren't those engines rebuilt after every race? An electric car would actually make sense to us right now, we're doing so little mileage. They're just so expensive here though, and then there's the worry of having to replace all those batteries if they pack up...

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

I'm sure you're all dying to know what a baked butternut squash tastes like. No? Well, I'd have preferred a courgette but I guess these will last longer.

So, in the spirit of keeping up... I bought a cat tree. Well, I had one before, a cheapy Lidl job. I didn't think they'd go near it but Mina spent last winter on it, with the occasional visit from others, so I thought I'd buy a pwoopa one. My main problem buying anything larger that the Lidl one is they recommend to screw them to the wall, which in our case I can't do because it's in front of a window. Hell, even the Lidl one's been over a few times. So I decided to get a floor-to-ceiling job and screw it to the damn ceiling.

The new guy, Dave, has spent quite a lot of time on the old tree,
so I was wondering how long he'd take to get used to the new tree. Answer:
he didn't even give me a chance to finish assembling the thing.

Finished:
Underneath the condom thing at the top is some 8mm studding with a wooden block against the ceiling, the idea being you wind the studding out until it's braced. Well, that aint gonna last, it's all mdf and some really cheap 8mm studs and screws, so it'll soon loosen up and loose stability. So I'll still screw it to the ceiling but I'll leave it a few days to make sure that's the place it needs to be.

I also got a couple of new cat beds ('cos Linda the gonić has eaten the old ones) and an orthopaedic mattress for Ollie, our ageing rescue golden retriever.
Of course somebody was straight in the box
Is that fun Kika?

Hopefully my last bit of water butting for the year:
I found they water easily went out the overflow, so I gave it a little height. I also found some grommets for where the 50mm pipe goes in the top of the tank. The receipt says they're gaskets for toilet bowl (i.e where the pipe from the cistern goes into the bowl) 60/45. Not sure what tat means but for a 50mm pipe into the top of an IBC tank they're perfect. So good in fact that I've made 2 of those valves redundant: I never thought I'd get the tops so seal so I put those 2 valves on so I could stop them overflowing but today I pumped my 500 litre butt into the middle tank and it overflowed and started filling up the left tank, with the raise stopping it going out the overflow. Oh poo. Never mind, I'm sure I'll find a use for them.

Oh yes, I forgot to say, the wood in the pallets comes like that, there are 11 pallets of the stuff. The kindling on the left is what's left of the old rotten wood from the shed.

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

The cat tree is now screwed to the ceiling:

Try falling over now :cheesy:

Meanwhile.. Mina's leg is all healed but our vet Mirela suggested a small dog's paw protector to stop her damaging it again. A whuh? I didn't know such a thing existed but they do:
About 7 quid the pair, must be worth a try. We were back at the vet's today with Dave (his first vaccination, yesss) so Mirela fitted one:

The leg looks horrible but it's just dirty because it's had a bandage on it for, err, months.

A bit of padding:

On she goes:

It's a bit loose but she seems to have gone the entire day without loosing it. The recommendation is to take it off at night so it can breathe and she can clean it. Mirela suggested as an alternative one custom made out of leather. I mentioned this to my cousin and she's mad keen to make one, so I have to take some measurements tonight when the protector comes off.

Last week while I was at the vet's Mirela said they had another 3 colour kitten like Mina, also with the same dumb leg. I was really keen to see her but managed to restrain myself as I knew I'd do something daft like say I want her. Monday I took t'wife with me so she could veto any daft offers I made. While I was petting all the kittens t'wife was talking to Mirela, I heard Mirela saying she was going to be difficult to home and the next thing I know is... I think I'll call her Lucy (Westenra, to keep with the Bram Stoker theme). Sadly she'll have to wait a couple of weeks for her vaccination as she's currently in quarantine with her siblings.

T W E L V E :shock: :mrgreen:

Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Poor thing, can't be too happy and probably won't understand why you're doing that. I didn't know there was such a thing either.

As best I remember from 50+ years ago, our flat-coated retriever, (posh bollocks for a lab/retriever cross), got a really deep gash in his offside front paw from broken glass. Vet stitched/dressed it but he wouldn't leave it be or stay off his feet. My mum made a leather shoe affair out of an old leather handbag padded with a couple of socks. Worked a treat.

12 is probably a good number to stop at......
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Surprisingly Mina doesn't seem to care, the leg's been mucked about with so much and she can't feel what we're doing anyway, it's just the being held in one place thing that she objects to. So I took it off last night, and put it back this morning - Mirela always makes these things look easy but of course it wasn't, her wrist is atrophied at at an angle which doesn't help. Shove the leg inside, try and gently force it in using the elbow. And predictably 20 minutes later it was gone, so now she's wearing (maybe...) the other one. I've sent a load of measurements to my cousin, we'll see what she comes up with (she has 6 "models" at home to try it on.)

The leather shoe affair sounds like some very good work by your mum, she'd probably be surprised to know you can buy them now :shock:

Yeah, I remember when 4 was a good number to stop at, then 6, and then it was 10... :roll:

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Another month wooshes past.... :shock:

We didn't get on too well with Mina's leg protectors, she seemed quite good at loosing them (one is still missing). Fitting them wasn't the problem:
Upside-down on my lap seems to work fine, especially as I discovered she loves Wolf of Wilderness freez dried chicken hearts (originally a freebie from Zooplus for the dogs to try, ha) so she knows she'll get some of those after. But the dog leg protectors just kept disappearing, so I got some baby socks (a suggestion from our vet). They're too wide and too short, so I sewed some elastic into them:

But they didn't last long either, even if they were further modified:
So we were back to the dressings for a while.

But them my cousin's test pieces turned up:
The shaped leather didn't seem to provide enough traction but the rectangle is fine:

Unortunatly by the end of the first day it looked like this:
Far from ideal...

And the next day it looked more like this, rather freyed and dirty
So I washed it. Unfortunatly the next morning it was still damp so I grabbed another baby sock:
Which she hasn't manage to shift or loose yet. The leather is a bit short but it's fine. My cousin is still working on some more, I've said this will do for now but she says she's enjoying the challenge.

Meawhile young Dave is rapidly gowing

I can hear you purring up there Mina!

Dave and Mina spend hours fighting on the cat tree:

Pow!

Ner ner ne ner ner

With special guests Kika

And pickle

On Friday I picked up Lucy. This is after some major cock-ups at the vet's, they knew I wanted her but seem to have got their wires crossed. I was originally waiting 3 weeks for her to be vaccinated and "done" but it never happened, so the week before I said to just vaccinate her and I'd take her as is. When I first saw her there was nothing wrong with her bum leg (apart from the paw being inoperative), then she had a dressing on it, to keep it clean apparently. Then they moved the kittens elsehwere on the site so I didn't see her for a while. Apparently the leg got damaged, then got infected and now it's in a real state. I'm not sure if it works at all any more, it's so bandaged that she can't use it at all and it just drags around.
Again I'm being told to think about amputation but I had a cat with similar problems before and she managed 13 years walking on her wrist, so I'm hopefull that Lucy can do the same, or at least I can protect it like Mina. I'll have to see once the dressings come off but that's going to take a while.

Mina and Dave, the other upstairs residents, met her in the evening, it seemed to go well

Then last night I went up to check on her and clean the litter tray, while I was doing that she escaped into my bedroom:

Then the others turned up so I put her on my bed
"Ooh, this is soft!" (Yeah, ok, the covers are so I can pick them out of a stack of washing)

Meanwhile under the bed
Scurry, scurry.

Lucy watching Mina on the (heavily modified Lidl) cat tree:
"How'd she do that?"

Boing! "Oooh, sweeties!"

She's the spoiltest (for now...)

We're back to the vet's on Monday, our regular vet Mirela's been on holiday (Portugal, nice) but she's back now, hopefully I'l be able to have a better talk with her without mentions of amputation...

In other news, the garden's coming to an end sadly, it's been a pretty good year for toms despite the drought but we had some gales the other night and the remaining tomatoes mostly ended up on the ground. They weren't much cop any more anyway and it speeds me along clearing everything ready for winter.

Linderp the gonić is still destroying anythng she can get her teeth into
It's not that funny Ollie!

I've made a gate on the stairs so she can't go up them, eat all the kitten food and my socks
It's more of that fence panel. It's since been welded/glued and painted.

I bought myself a new vice/vise
Badged as Lux (cheapy DIY store label) it's actually a York, which is quie a good Czech make. I was actually thinking about an anvil because of the amount of stuff I seem to end up beating around on the floor against a club hammer, they're quite expensive though, plus where would I put it? Then I remembered you can get vices with a spot for hammering, so I decided to upgrade my old 4" for this 5". It's nice and tight, none of the wibble wobble as you wind it in and out like my old one. About 90 quids. It's now bolted in place and in use, I didn't clobber it much yet...

Weather-wise, it's gone from horribly hot to stupidly cold without much of anything in between. Currently 7 degrees, shower, a bit of a gale. I've even had the boiler going, here comes winter!

Ok, that's enough pictures, I hope everyone is doing ok.

Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Amazing pictures there - have you reached cat-pacity yet?
My daughter's chihauhau is missing a back leg - she was run over as a young pup and had to have it amputated. The caring owners decided it wasn't worth paying the bill, so never came back. It's amazing to see the speed she can run round the garden or up/down the stairs, she can jump onto the settee but not quite onto the beds.
Took the camper for its MOT during the week. Garage I used last couple of times has closed, nearest alternative I found was 25 miles away in Northampton. Only needs a class 4 MOT like a car, but at 5.4 tons empty is too heavy for garage ramps. This place uses the old fashioned pit & jacks set up.
It passed with an advisory on 3 tyres, (age/lumpy tread appearance/slight sidewall craking respectively). Best price so far, £750 for all 6. Given that moho tyres die of old age/never wear out I'll swap them next spring. Reading the MOT certificate I note 54 weeks and 41 miles since last time.
Guess that sums up 2021 for me - we've been going to go away soon/next month/when xxx is done all year, but never got round to it. :roll:
Had a week in Northumberland last month so the BM finally got a run, (nothing like as comfy as the Pugs or Cistern, hates bumps, 35mpg, but it's FUN).
Washers packed in, (sludge blocking pump filter), access is simply achieved by removing front wheel/wheelarch liner and 2 hours wriggling the reservoir out. It's pretty much a dead fit betwixt inner & outer wings with a recess to clear the back of the indicator repeater to make it more 'interesting'. 10 mins to clean all 3 pump filters/wash out tank and consider where to store the uneccessary spare pump you bought cos you didn't want to do it twice.....
Having to drive it onto some 3" blocks so the trolley jack would fit under the sill was a new experience too.
I know, I'm old enough to know better.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Please define catpacity, is that when you can't take a step without treading on a tail or when the doors require putting a shoulder against them to close them? :mrgreen: Why thank you kind sir! I take loads of pictures so sooner or later one of them isn't of my thumb...

Aww, poor doggo :( Glad she can cope without it. Hmm, caring owners, yes, mind you knowing the cost of vets there it was either that or go without, er, a smartphone...

I'm fairly sure that life would be easier for these two without the dumb legs, they probably won't realise they're missing something and certainly won't be looking for benefits or compensation. It's me, I'm the one who doesn't feel good about it, I've never had a legless pet and I've no idea if it will change my feelings towards them. It's not like they can be glued on again. Ok, I'm a coward or whatever but I just don't feel comfortable with the idea. I will be doing whatever I can to help them cope, Mina's main problem is it getting caught on stuff and I think the protector program will be dealing with that. I'll have to see with Lucy, I'm hoping that the leg will be at least as good/bad as Mina's, if it's better then we should be able to do something to help her get some use out of it. But of course if it's just dragging along the floor like it is now then I will have to reconsider.

We just had an earthquake, only 2.9 but quite close. I thought it was an explosion, the dust collectors in the glass cabinet rattled around a bit and then I felt the chair wobbling. And then the phone started ringing of course, t'wife wanting to know if everything was ok.

Anyway, today is our usual vet Mirela's first day back from her hols (she went to Portugal, says she loved it), this morning I took Kika for her antibiotics and little Lucy for a change of dressing (still looks awful to me but Mirela says it's looking great). I showed her pics of Mina sporting my cousin's leg protector and she was very impressed, she said she should patent them (in contrast to the other vets Matija and Tajma who think I'm mad). Mirela wants to come visit later in the week to show us her holiday snaps.

Well done for finding an mot outfit that close. Moho tyres never wear out, they just turn to stone :shock: Lots of fun in the wet... 750 quids doesn't sound that bad for what must be some pretty massive rubber. Unless the other 3 are almost new it's probably worth changing the whole lot for peace of mind.

Everyone's life is on hold due to this blasted virus, I admit it's not been too bad for me, with my arseburgers I'm not exactly the sociable/holiday type anyway but I can appreciate it turning your camper into a bit of a millstone. At least we've not been locked down as long as Sidney, they're just coming out of a, what was it? 107 day one. I wonder how they survived without a least resorting to cannibalism.

Welly

Post by Welly »

Oops, sorry for the long away-time (where does the time go?).

I'm still being experimented on medically since my body doesn't like my medications forced upon me, seems like an endless round of blood tests/new meds/blood tests......

Still signed off work and finding an amazing capacity to keep busy, beginning to wonder if I'll be able to spare the time to go back to work :?

TYRES! yes crackage seems to be the way now {read: not proper rubber} my 4 year old Yokies are cracked :frown:

Managed to do 2000 miles since February in the Infiniti (god knows how, I don't 'think' we've been anywhere in particular) it seems to do 43 MPG on the motorway which is good, nothing has broken/coughed/fell off at all and I keep getting badgered by a well-known car buying service to buy it off me for £1k more than I paid for it. Second-hand car prices have shot up since you can't procure yourself a new one because: chips :supafrisk:

The Hyundai just sits there being typically excellent and not wanting anything.

The Twingo is keeping me entertained by throwing random Check Engine lights which then self extinguish and more recently it has started to disgrace itself by doing a little wee when left unattended of an evening, closer inspection revealed a very scabby radiator header/core interface so I bought a genuine new Rad from that Renner, came from that France, for a reasonable £103.00 (brexit pounds) just waiting for my friendly mechanic to install it/break something/shout etc...

Anyhoo good to see the Cat Empire Steve and Doggy sounds ok too so catch up again soonish.
Cars in my care: