406 Bonnet Release Cable

Discuss the 406's Bodywork stuff in here (what parts fit what, what can be interchanged with what etc etc).

Moderator: Moderators

lawman27
1.6 8v

406 Bonnet Release Cable

Post by lawman27 »

Hi Everyone,

The bonnet release cable on my faithful steed has snapped-actually the nobble ( I think that's the technical term) on the handle end has come off. Its been increasingly difficult to open, possibly cable had stretched, so I need a new one. Can't find one anywhere-does anyone know of an alternative that will fit?

Cheers

John
soretoez
1.8 16v

Re: 406 Bonnet Release Cable

Post by soretoez »

Hi if you haven't already join the facebook page Peugeot 406 Owners Club it's a bit busier.
phase 2 bonnet cable p/n 7937F6
just guessing your model.
lawman27
1.6 8v

Post by lawman27 »

Cheers-I'm old school but the girlfriend is on facebook so I'll ask her to have a look.

Thanks
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

I did a diagnostic a couple of days ago for a chap, but before he came round he changed his headlight bulb - but to gain access he unscrewed the bolt above it...
Turns out this bolt keeps the bonnet cable tight so after he shut the bonnet he couldn't open it..!!

I did manage to pop it open using a stick up through to the catch from underneath - so it's possible to pop the bonnet without a cable. ( Needless to say he refitted the bolt before doing the diagnostic... :cheesy: )

Not sure how this helps you though - I've not replaced a bonnet cable before.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
lawman27
1.6 8v

Post by lawman27 »

Thanks Ginger,

I can open the bonnet by pulling whats left of the cable with a pair of pliers-its finding a relacement cable thats the problem. I cant even find a universal one anywhere!

Regards,

John