406coupeclub

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

wildwilly

406coupeclub

Post by wildwilly »

Can anyone please let me know if the 406coupe club forum is still working. I haven't been able to access their site for about 2 weeks.
The site is 406coupeclub.org

I have no other way of checking if the site has somehow gone.

Many thanks
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: 406coupeclub

Post by highlander »

I know they've had server troubles lately. The last post I saw on the forum was that they'd secured a new host, or at least, had begun the process of migrating to a new virtual server. I don't know contact info for anyone actually in charge across there, so I don't really have any idea what's happening with the site.

I'd be *very* surprised if they had just decided "Nope" and shut the site down permanently with no notice to users - it's far too much of a community for that. I'm certain the site will be back soon enough.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Coupe forum closed?

It's Wednesday today?

They'll all be at the Hairdressers?

:cheesy:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

How's the Lawn Bowls Club then, Welly? Plenty of other Volvos in the car park?
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Welly

Post by Welly »

highlander wrote:How's the Lawn Bowls Club then, Welly? Plenty of other Volvos in the car park?
Mostly Honda's today, as far as I can make out.

Bit of a disaster today; Betty (who makes the Tea) her bra strap broke when she was opening a packet of Rich Tea's and the 'left one' knocked Stan off his chair, trouble is he was holding a hot cuppa at the time which spilled into his lap scalding his vegetables. The Ambulance arrived promptly and, once sedated, Stan's screaming subsided thankfully.

That's a point I need to drive his Honda Jazz home for him later, he said something about "keyless entry" ?? we didn't know whether that was where he kept the Suffolk Punch mower or what?
Cars in my care:
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Welly wrote:Coupe forum closed?

It's Wednesday today?

They'll all be at the Hairdressers?

:cheesy:
:evil:
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
ben10241

Post by ben10241 »

Same here I've been unable to access for a while, glad it's not just me.
wildwilly

Post by wildwilly »

Thanks to all who replied. At least I now know its not just the failing telecoms service down under that are the issue. A big "Get well soon" to Stan hope his par-boiled vegies recover. Tell Betty to buy a new bra before she really does deliver Stan a fatal blow. We don't allow Volvos at bowls in OZ jus rebadged Vauxhalls.

Thanks to all
Bruce from down under (Stop laughing, yes that is my real name)
Welly

Post by Welly »

Bruce :cheesy: let me guess you're shacked up with a bird called Sheila? :P

Good to see the Aussie sense of humor alive and well :cheesy:
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Eh? The Toupee club is gone? :shock:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

The site is up again

Reading through the boards to try and find the "What the hell happened" post at the moment. It's been offline for around 5 days.

Edit: Found it!
Yomchi86 wrote:Around 3 weeks ago we as a club started to notice that the website would intermittently be unavailable approximately every 6-12 hours. After much wrangling with our hosting provider - we finally managed to convince them that it was not our server that had the issue but instead it was the platform on which the server is hosted (as it's a virtual environment). They told Dave and I that they could not fix the issue and wanted to migrate us to a new node. Rather than putting up with further downtime we asked the provider to create us a brand new virtual server on a completely different virtual platform (enterprise grade Hyper-V).

They created the server for us and in the background, Dave and myself began the task of considering it from scratch as it's a brand new installation. Every time we would start transferring the data and the databases, the original server would crash and we would have to start the whole process again.

We had to take the site down during this time to ensure that no changes happen to the database while we are migrating it, as the changes would not be persistent when we go live on the new server.