South Wales driving day?

Want to organise a (legal) cruise, meet up, or have news on one? Give us the heads up!

Moderator: Moderators

DaiRees
Site Admin

South Wales driving day?

Post by DaiRees »

OK, I'm just judging opinion here....

I've been inspired by the favourite roads thread. How would some of you folks fancy the following idea.

I'd like to have a meet, y'know all get together in a car park somewhere and say hello, look at each others cars etc, but let's face it, a couple of hours and it's all over. So how about if[s] I [/s](actually I'll enlist Mr Davies' assistance at this point, and Mr Wall for that matter!) we plan a route taking in our favourite roads in and around South and Mid Wales. Then we could set a date, and anyone who wishes to join us could spend the day in a convoy of 406s taking in the scenic splendour. Couple of stops for photos, maybe a pub lunch? Wadda you think dudes?

Could maybe turn into a regional thing with several events a year....

That's this years idea spawned - I need to rest now!
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
darrenwall
2.0 Turbo

Post by darrenwall »

that sounds like a good idea just give me some notice so i can clean my car so it dont look like a rubbish tip :cheesy: . i had a scary thought today Dai, i realised my car has been left in prince charles hospital main car park for over a week and it has not been moved :shock: , i went up earlier and thankfully it is still there untouched with all its wheels still on there :D
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

:shock: That was lucky! :lol:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

I went to a Welsh Coupe meeting a couple of months ago, what could be handy for people is to meet at about 10 on a Sunday Morning, then wander about, taking photos and all that. Then about 1ish, people started sloping off, if there's anyone left, then they can go for a some food. On the coupe meeting though, (5 cars), everyone went home.

Darren, you're a brave man leaving the car up there for a week!! Give us a shout if you want a hand getting it somewhere safer!
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

neildavies wrote:I went to a Welsh Coupe meeting a couple of months ago, what could be handy for people is to meet at about 10 on a Sunday Morning, then wander about, taking photos and all that. Then about 1ish, people started sloping off, if there's anyone left, then they can go for a some food. On the coupe meeting though, (5 cars), everyone went home.
Does that mean you don't fancy the idea of going on an organised run Neil?
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

No, I'll be up for a jaunt.
darrenwall
2.0 Turbo

Post by darrenwall »

neildavies wrote: Darren, you're a brave man leaving the car up there for a week!! Give us a shout if you want a hand getting it somewhere safer!
thanks for the offer Neil but my mother come back from holiday yesterday so im getting it moved today or tomorrow , i miss driving it now tho , its only been 8 days but i feel lost and im fed up of catching buses even tho i get on them for free :cheesy: , it would really piss me off to get banned , imagine that not being able to drive for at least a year :shock:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Cool.

Any intrest from further afield then?

A plan is forming somewhere in my skull. I'm thinking of some nice roads, some nice spots for photos, and some nice pubs for lunch.... :D
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

id be up for a 800 mile round trip 'race' :cheesy:
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

James, I think you are now a confirmed nutter, 800 miles!!

But at the same time, a knowledgeable nutter who's worth his weight in 406 parts (we all know Peugeot parts are worth more than gold)
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

jameslxdt wrote:id be up for a 800 mile round trip 'race' :cheesy:
Tell you what mate, if you come down here for the day, your lunch is on me!

Burger van it is then boys! :D
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

I'd have to drive straight across pretty much the diagonal length of wales... 300 miles round-trip that'd make a good 2-3 refuels :shock: (not forgetting the bungee ropes needed to hold the edges of my enormous grin in the car!)

There's this one road somewhere between Porthmadog and Wrexham that I MUST drive back down again someday. It's as if some drunkard just laid a windy road in the middle of a few fairly flat fields between hills... AMAZING sideways and (at one point, airbourne) action, and NOTHING TO HIT (besides sheep)!!!
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

DaiRees wrote:
jameslxdt wrote:id be up for a 800 mile round trip 'race' :cheesy:
Tell you what mate, if you come down here for the day, your lunch is on me!

Burger van it is then boys! :D
when we going then? :cheesy:
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

I'll do a 700+ mile round trip for a burger

Infact make that a cheeseburger instead :cheesy:
2006 207 GT THP 150
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

You want onions? :lol:

Errm, let me check the calendar and get back to you, middle of June sometime? Maybe Sunday 10th or 17th?