Sky Insurance and 406OC - 20% Discount!

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

skyinsurance
1.8 8v

Sky Insurance and 406OC - 20% Discount!

Post by skyinsurance »

Hi all,

We would to make this very clear right from the outset.. we cannot promise to help every 406 OC member, we have some criteria to be met and also some exclusions. If we cannot help you, we can only apologise. For the majority however, we should be competitive and be able to provide an excellent level of cover.

CONTACT DETAILS:

The best way to contact us is via our website, you'll find all the details you need via the link below. Please follow the link and feel free to have a look around!

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/carclubs/index.html

Ollie
Sky Insurance
Last edited by skyinsurance on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
omega
3.0 24v

Re: Sky Insurance and 406OC - 20% Discount!

Post by omega »

are you going to make a donation to the forum?
skyinsurance
1.8 8v

Post by skyinsurance »

Duplicate post - DOH!
Last edited by skyinsurance on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
skyinsurance
1.8 8v

Post by skyinsurance »

Hi and thanks for the welcome :?

We will see how much business is going to be generated from the club before making any donation.. we certainly are not in the business of taking something for nothing.. for example for one of our larger clubs last year we paid over £500 for event insurance so they could spend the day at Santa Pod.

Regards

Ollie
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Hi Ollie :)

Sorry you got a cold response!
You can't blame people for being a little suspicious as we have suffered terribly with spam over the last few months :roll:
It's nice to see you posting as well as advertising, I hope you get some business! (I've just renewed with Admiral so nothing from me for a year or so :wink: )
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
skyinsurance
1.8 8v

Post by skyinsurance »

teamster1975 wrote:Hi Ollie :)

Sorry you got a cold response!
You can't blame people for being a little suspicious as we have suffered terribly with spam over the last few months :roll:
It's nice to see you posting as well as advertising, I hope you get some business! (I've just renewed with Admiral so nothing from me for a year or so :wink: )
Hi,

no worries, thanks for the reply.. we expect (being an insurance company) that we may not be the most popular trader/discounter out there! Hopefully we can beat a few member's insurance prices and gain a bit of popularity! :cheesy:

Thanks again

Ollie
Sky Insurance
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

sky seam good 2 talk to and have some competive prices and they get a lot of work of forums but dont seam to give anything back to the smaller forums,they only pay on the big sites.i dont think they should be allowed to get free advertising on here,there excuse is "we have to see how much work we get before looking at payment" meanwhile they get free advertising
skyinsurance
1.8 8v

Post by skyinsurance »

Hi,

without meaning to be rude.. how on Earth would you know what our set up is with other clubs? We deal with 90+ UK based car clubs, do you know our set up for each one? We bring quite a lot to the table, we offer an insurance question and answer service for club members and we offer a significant discount for members of clubs we are affiliated with. We get clubs approaching us every week asking for us to come on board, they dont ask for payment they are just happy to have us on board. We quote often turn clubs down if they do not fit our criteria.

Also, I'll repeat, we are not in the business of taking something for nothing.. if any club is unhappy with the way we operate we will talk to them.. it hasn't happened yet.

And one more thing, it is down to club admin how they run the club and deal with discounters.. perhaps if you are unhappy with us being on here then you should talk to club admin rather than post on this thread. Of course you are entitled to your views but is this really the place to post them? I am only replying to your post as I dont want you giving other 406OC members the wrong impression about us.

Regards

Ollie Frost
Car Club Liaison Manager
Sky Insurance
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

skyinsurance wrote:Hi,

without meaning to be rude.. how on Earth would you know what our set up is with other clubs? We deal with 90+ UK based car clubs, do you know our set up for each one? We bring quite a lot to the table, we offer an insurance question and answer service for club members and we offer a significant discount for members of clubs we are affiliated with. We get clubs approaching us every week asking for us to come on board, they dont ask for payment they are just happy to have us on board. We quote often turn clubs down if they do not fit our criteria.

Also, I'll repeat, we are not in the business of taking something for nothing.. if any club is unhappy with the way we operate we will talk to them.. it hasn't happened yet.

And one more thing, it is down to club admin how they run the club and deal with discounters.. perhaps if you are unhappy with us being on here then you should talk to club admin rather than post on this thread. Of course you are entitled to your views but is this really the place to post them? I am only replying to your post as I dont want you giving other 406OC members the wrong impression about us.

Regards

Ollie Frost
Car Club Liaison Manager
Sky Insurance
hi well i am a member of other forums thats how i know your set up with other clubs and yes you do post and anser questions and some people have had good deals of you.the idea of a forum is that people share experinces and ideas i might be on my own with this or there might be other people that think the same.i now that if i but a advert in my local paper advertising my services with 20 percent of if they quote the advert it still costs me one hundred pounds for the advert how much it would cost for a national advert i dont no so i think you are getting a very good deal
nutski
2.0 Turbo

Post by nutski »

Well i've just filled in the quote request on your site, insurance is up in 3 days, be interested to see what you can come up with!
1997 2.1 TD Exec (Sold)
1997 3.0 V6 Coupe S (Sold)
2001 406 HDi 110 GTX (Sold)
2002 406 Coupe HDi SE (RIP)
2003 406 Estate HDi 2.2 SE (Sold)
2003 406 Coupe HDi SE (To be sold)
2001 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 SE
2003 406 2.2 HDi SE
djm
1.8 8v

Post by djm »

i must admit to always being a bit wary when offered discounts of a certain % off the price yet i have to tell the company before they quote me that i am from a certain club :D

ie say i was quoted £200 and i then said oh by the way i am a member of club x would you then knock off the 20% making it £160 :wink: :D :D
skyinsurance
1.8 8v

Post by skyinsurance »

Hi guys, we are still here and unfortunately we do not get many (any) quote enquiries through from the 406OC.

Please bare us in mind when you are looking around for insurance for your 406 or any other cars in your household, we insure everything from standard cars to highly modified competition cars.

Thanks 8)
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Make a few posts on here! It's not just about advertising you know :wink:
It may be worth while popping up some sample quotations as compared to other brokers. My policy is up for renewal in December, I'll be sure to get a quote from you around the time :)
1997 Honda CB500V

steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Worth a sticky in case the thread drowns again?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

steve_earwig wrote:Worth a sticky in case the thread drowns again?
Indeed, 20% discount is not to be sniffed at! Maybe if it went up to 30%... :cheesy:
1997 Honda CB500V