Door Lock Barrel -- Wanted!

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

cwhaley
1.8 8v

Door Lock Barrel -- Wanted!

Post by cwhaley »

I am after two door lock barrels for a 406. I don't need the key and I don't even need the housing that it comes in (see picture below) -- it's just the barrel. In fact the only part I need from the barrel is a small piece of metal which sits at the end of the barrel.

Both of these pieces have broken off on my 406 and as such, I can't operate the central locking on the car any more so my car is always unlocked. That's okay at home but not when I'm out. The remote locking has never worked due to a dodgy key fob.

I have posted this on the 406 OC Facebook group a few times but nobody could help. Hoping somebody is breaking one or has a few spares they're willing to sell!
Attachments
Barrel area of interest.jpg
This shows the area where the metal clip goes and breaks off.
(746.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Lock and housing.jpg
This is the housing the barrel goes into on the door.
(83.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
WillNZ
2.0 16v

Re: Door Lock Barrel -- Wanted!

Post by WillNZ »

Which part are you exactly looking for? I have 4 complete units in cars I have wrecked and are about to go to be weighed in. I have stripped one unit, not sure what part of yours is damaged from your pics.
Reason I ask is I am in NZ so postage for the complete bulky units would probably be expensive from here. I dont want anything for the parts you need, just keen to strip out the exact part from the large unit so that postage would be cheaper due to size. All I would want is the cost of the postage.
let me know if you want them, and which part...
William
Serial 406hdi licker :cheesy:
cwhaley
1.8 8v

Post by cwhaley »

WillNZ wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:16 am Which part are you exactly looking for? I have 4 complete units in cars I have wrecked and are about to go to be weighed in. I have stripped one unit, not sure what part of yours is damaged from your pics.
Reason I ask is I am in NZ so postage for the complete bulky units would probably be expensive from here. I dont want anything for the parts you need, just keen to strip out the exact part from the large unit so that postage would be cheaper due to size. All I would want is the cost of the postage.
let me know if you want them, and which part...
William
So sorry -- I never got a notification of a reply! Thank you for the offer.

I just need two lock barrels. I don't even need keys for them or anything else. At the end of the barrel is a piece of metal which goes brittle over time (mine are 22 years old). It breaks off and gets jammed in the barrel making it impossible to turn the key and lock the door. For the past year I've not been able to lock my car and it's very risky.

I've attached a picture of the unit the barrel is housed in (which I don't need) and an image of the piece I mention.
Attachments
IMG_2901.jpg
(901.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_2897.JPG
(176.57 KiB) Not downloaded yet
WillNZ
2.0 16v

Post by WillNZ »

just saw this. also dont get notifications.. not often here.

these what you are wanting?
Serial 406hdi licker :cheesy: