Wanted bonnet for 2002 406

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

brillo21
1.8 8v

Wanted bonnet for 2002 406

Post by brillo21 »

Hi

I am in need of a bonnet to fit a 2002 406

Please get in touch if you have one available

Many Thanks
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: Wanted bonnet for 2002 406

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Facebook group ,

I have a good one but it's included with my car that's for sale.

Just noticed that you've posted once for each year you've been on here :wink:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
brillo21
1.8 8v

Post by brillo21 »

I did see your For Sale Post but did not consider a £1000 purchase to obtain a bonnet would be economic, to be Honest I have only posted when I have had a issue, I have solved problems on my 406 by searching on the forum as all my issues have so far been covered, generally speaking I have found my 406 HDI 90 Estate to be a very reliable vehicle and all the issues with it have been due to the many previous owners avoiding maintenance.

The reason for posting a wanted for a bonnet is that I have exhausted all the car breakers within a reasonable traveling distance and only found bonnets in a similar or worse state than mine and as a last resort thought I would try the owners club, Facebook is not something I subscribe to

I would still appreciate any help with obtaining a Bonnet even though I have not posted sufficiently

Best regards
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Buy the car, get the bonnet sell the car or probably realise just how good it is.
Keep it & sell yours :wink:

Anyway if the car goes & the buyer doesn't want the spare bonnet I'll let you know.

Mines just starting to bubble a long the leading edge & I picked this up when I was keeping the car.
Problem is mines Monaco blue & the replacement is China blue (try finding a rust free Monaco blue one :roll: )
The China blue one is mint ( but obviously it's not the right shade of blue, I was getting it painted but not to sell it)

With regards to posting, I was only ribbing you but on a serious note: this forum & many like it really need people
to post up what there issue's / problems are & how they resolved it / them.
If everyone just used the info there but didn't post then there wouldn't be much info for you / others to search though :roll:

Just my two pence worth, I'll leave you all to it now: this forum helped me out loads thoughout 8 years of ownership
& literally saved my car not to mention thousands 8)
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
brillo21
1.8 8v

Post by brillo21 »

Very Kind, yes please let me know if the China Blue one becomes available, I have today discovered the only piece of information that anybody on the forum might find useful and I expect its been covered by someone before.

However had a seized handbrake and was unable to get a adjuster for the rear handbrake shoes from the Peugeot dealer as they informed me that the part was discontinued, after a considerable amount of research I have found that the same part is used by BMW on the X5 ( Part Number 34416851437)
which thankfully is still available for £ 6.67 from BMW Direct on Ebay.

Thanks for the reply

Best Regards
brillo21
1.8 8v

Post by brillo21 »

Joking aside, You have got me thinking can you let me know details on the Estate you have for sale as your suggestion might even have legs

Best Regards
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Wow! That's some great outside the (small, blue with chevrons and lions) box thinking 8) Nicely done sir. The actuator looks kind of familiar too, shame the back plate is rather different.
The lesson is: Vehicle manufacturers don't actually manufacture every single last part but the trick is finding out what the oem numbers are, they do seem rather reluctant to let you find out and avoid paying their usually rather large mark-up :frown:

I must confess I have actually had occasion to buy some BMW parts myself, some sort of rubber isolator from somewhere on the rear suspension (it was a long time ago :oops: ), there are 3 of them holding the fuel tank on one of my lawnmowers :supafrisk:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
brillo21
1.8 8v

Post by brillo21 »

I assumed that someone must have already found this out, I did search on this forum but nothing presented itself although I have found that searching does not always produce the desired result in any forum if you don't get the words used in a post correct in the search parameters.

I hope that that small bit of information helps someone on here
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Lord no, it's not something we've had to look for before but I guess, as PSA hang us out to dry and parts become hard to find, it's something we'll (you'll :cry: ) have to do more of.

I have tried to do this sort of thing before, but manufacturers are rather reluctant to give out the oem's part numbers. And even if you do find something it's a gamble if what your buying is correct or what you read was complete ballcocks.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
brillo21
1.8 8v

Post by brillo21 »

I eventually traced this part through the Brake manufacturer themselves I found them less obstructive than the actual Vehicle manufacturers supplying information.
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

hi ive seen your ad bonnet wanted , do you still need one? call me on 07714065537 , thanks mark
brillo21
1.8 8v

Post by brillo21 »

Hi yes I still require a Bonnet, I have text you on the number you have posted

Thanks for the Reply

Regards

Marc