*Sorted*: Brembo calipers and starfish alloys.....

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

*Sorted*: Brembo calipers and starfish alloys.....

Post by hullcitytilidie »

........I've just added to my collection and bought a rather nice, low miles 2003 Exec estate. I am hoping to find and fit a set of alloys suitable for the estate with regard to fitting Brembo front callipers. If anyone knows of suitable parts, or has some for sale at a fair price, I would appreciate a PM. Best regards Geoff. All sorted now - Many thanks for all help and advice, Geoff.
Last edited by hullcitytilidie on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2003 2.2 HDi 136 Exec estate.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: WANTED: Brembo calipers and starfish alloys.....

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Geoff,

I can't help with the calipers but there's quite a few listed on Facebook Peugeot pages

Do you want starfish ?

I have a set of 17" Peugeot Challengers in good condition with good Kumho tyres all round
with the necessary hubcentric spacers & bolts I'd be interested in selling (these are on my estate)

I also have a very nice set of 8.5" x 18" Azev E's with new Avon ZZ5's all round & again the necessary
hubcentric spacers & bolts that I want to sell. (these came off my coupe)
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

My main interest is improving the braking distance as I feel the standard car is a bit wanting in that department? I was looking at the starfish 15" alloys only because they seem to be compatible with Brembo. Would either of your alloys suit the fitting of Brembo to an estate? My knowledge of these things is in the early learning stage! :D
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi Geoff.
Any standard 406 Coupe wheels will fit ( must be 16" or larger due to the larger Brembos caliper ) so the Starfish is a straight fit. However, I did fit Starfish on my old executive estate and I didn't like them - I mean I like the wheels but I didn't think they suited....

Any other Peugeot 4 stud wheels would need spacers ( newer models have a different offset so would hit the calipers )

You need alloys that are 16" with an ET of 12 to be a direct fit - the Challenger alloys look good on the estate but need suitable spacers, about 25mm I think.

My favourites are the Licancubar alloys but still too expensive for me.. :(

Kelv
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

Thank you for that info Kelv, it is just what I wanted - I won't feel as stupid when I go looking now! Is there a preferred wheel and tyre size with regard to filling the arches and improving ride or handling? Any Coupe wheels names that would avoid the need for spacers? Much appreciated - Geoff.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

The Coupe only came with 4 types of wheel...

Starfish - in both 15" and 16"
Nautilus
Tacoma ( not an option on UK models :( )
Hoggar

The Hoggars on the Coupe are different to the Hoggars on the later non-coupes - so if you want to avoid using spacers then you need Coupe Hoggars.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Also, you will need Brembo discs and front brake pipes as they are also different to the standard Lucas set up...
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

Many thanks for all of that Kelv, you've given me much to research. I'm not so bothered in the looks department and have a lead on a set of 16" starfish which are in very good condition so I'll see where that goes. They were taken from a V6 coupe and also have decent tyres on so they might be worth putting on until I get all the Brembo parts? Off to check on the others you mention now, will let you know what I end up with. Regards Geoff.
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

Nearly there! I've hung about for the calipers because most have been too expensive or in a state that they needed expensive rebuild. Then up steps Adrian from BB Autos who gets a massive thank you and thumbs up! Not only are they in very good condition but complete with discs and hoses - the fact that I also got them for pensioners rates was great with the added bonus of them being a very fetching gold colour! :cheesy:

Got an address for a set of 16" Starfish from a coupe, so won't be long now! I understand how Kelv feels about them on an estate but they are my preferred choice but there's a few coupe Hoggers around cheap if I cockit up! :supafrisk: