406 HDI estate parts available

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

straggler
1.8 16v

Re: 406 HDI estate parts available

Post by straggler »

GingerMagic wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:58 am Cool, thanks.
The display is easy to remove, just pop out the little cover either side of the display and undo the 4 torx screws.
Pull it out and unplug the black connector - it's one that you need to lift a clamp first before unplugging it.

The headlights are only different on phase 1 and phase 2 models ( D8 phase 1 has the indicators on the black rubbing strips - D9 phase 2 has the indicators nearer the top of the wing )

It's a pain to remove, but if you have a flexible socket set then you should be okay. One 10mm bolt in top, one down the side behind the grill, last one is tucked away on the inner wing - this is the tricky one.
My running 406 is a 96 XUDT and the breaker is a later HDI so I assume they are different. If you want the headlight I can rip it out and check.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

The headlight is Indeed different between your runner and your spare - only the doors, tailgate, bumper and rear lights are compatible - everything from the windscreen forward is not interchangeable.
I'll let you know about the headlight shortly.
Thanks.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
straggler
1.8 16v

Post by straggler »

Probably going to the scrappy next week.....
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, I've decided to sell my recently purchased estate car, as I've bought a V6 Coupe instead, which was a bargain...
My friend would still like the MFD, so if you wouldn't mind giving me a price Inc postage and I'll pass the information on.
Many thanks,
Kelv
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
straggler
1.8 16v

Post by straggler »

Sorry for the delay - scrappy made me an offer I couldn't refuse so car has gone to great car park in the sky. Never like scrapping cars but needed the parking space and got very little interest in parts for sale.