Sold: 2002 406 saloon 2.0 HDi 90

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

ZilogJones
2.0 16v

Sold: 2002 406 saloon 2.0 HDi 90

Post by ZilogJones »

SOLD

This may be a long shot, but I'm not having much luck selling my 406 in Ireland so far. Probably because of the punitive motor tax here - €710 for a 2-litre on the old system (pre-2008 cars), i.e. a lot more than what the car is worth! :evil:

I'm selling my '02 406 HDi 90, it's a Rapier but not the same as the UK specs. Over here it means:
- Manual aircon
- Trip computer
- Half leather seats
- Auto lights and wipers
- Steel wheels

134,000 miles. I've had it about 5 years and have serviced it every year. Timing belt done 4/'13 (114k miles).

(Full resolution images here: http://imgur.com/a/oUWIg)

Interior is in pretty good shape. One small tear on the side of the driver's seat (just above height adjustment).

There is some damage to the nearside rear door, small puncture in the front bumper and the rear bumper has a lot of scratches. Few small dents and scratches elsewhere, but the paintwork is generally good. Stupid small rubbing strip on the n/s wing has disappeared.

EGR valve is very broken, so disconnected and blanked. Running OK besides that. Siemens injection, full multiplex wiring.

I fitted the non-smoking kit and installed an aux-in adaptor for the stereo inside it. I have the engine cover but half of the mounts are broken. I also have a spare starter, gearbox oil (never got around to changing it), Haynes manual, and the diagnostic cables and stuff if you're interested.

We're not very good at salting roads over here, so the sills are solid and the exhaust is original.

If someone was interested in bringing it into the UK, I believe it will only cost £55 for registration with the DVLA. AFAIK as it's over 10 years old it's exempt from requiring vehicle approval. More info about importing here. Speedo is in MPH. There are many daily ferries from Rosslare (about 200km from me) and Dublin (about 270km) to England and Wales.
2002 2.0 HDi 90 Rapier saloon (for sale)