For Sale 406LX Estate 2.0HDi 110bhp (W reg year 2000)

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

pugface406lx
2.0 16v

For Sale 406LX Estate 2.0HDi 110bhp (W reg year 2000)

Post by pugface406lx »

Hi there, I am selling my 406 LX Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp (W Reg Year 2000). It is ‘Evergreen’ Green colour which looks nice as it has had its windows tinted Limo Black (rear passenger doors, rear side windows in cargo area and tailgate also).
I have had the car since 2008 and always maintained the car as I am a Mech. Engineer by background and look after my cars.

It is in very good condition and just this week has had a new clutch fitted which cost me £280 (receipts kept). Also it has had new rear Shock absorbers about 2 yrs ago, a new Exhaust CAT approx 4yrs ago along with an exhaust system. I have replaced the fuel pump in the fuel tank as the old one failed in the big Winter freeze we had a few yrs ago, It has had new lateral links on the rear as ball joints were worn, new front drop links also and then computer 4 wheel alignment to set the tracking.
It has had an Air Con Condensor as the old one failed but system needs re gassing as it stopped working just after Summer last year.
The interior is in good condition, grey cloth seats and the heater works great in Winter, sometimes too hot!
New rear nearside Brake Caliper fitted last year due to usual Peugeot sticking caliper issue.
New Brake discs on the front were fitted also not too long ago
Body and under chassis are in good condition, no rot which is amazing for a car of its age, it puts a lot newer cars to shame. The rear axle area could do with a wire brushing and a coat of underseal or similar but I think that’s common on the 406, and an easy job.

It still returns around 50mpg and still very lively for a car of its age it sits on the motorway quite comfortably without missing a beat and with the new clutch is great. I change the oil and filters regularly and look after everything the car needs.
It has a massive boot area which has been brilliant as we have taken it camping a few times, even loaded it still returned about 48 – 50 MPG.
Cam belt is due in about 10k miles I reckon.

I need to reluctantly sell the car as I have another which I need for my job, if anyone is interested please contact me either here on the forum or on my phone 07973 747684 (by text or call) anytime
I am asking around £695 ono which I think is a reasonable price for an estate.
I live on the outskirts of Burton on Trent (near Derby, East Midlands) approx 20mins from J24 M1.

I have included a few pictures to this post also which were taken today Sunday 7th Feb.

Cheers,
Al
406 - 1a.JPG
(89.81 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
406-2a.JPG
(143.29 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
406-7b.JPG
(63.32 KiB) Downloaded 4 times