406 exec Petrol with lpg

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

mattyg
1.8 16v

406 exec Petrol with lpg

Post by mattyg »

With regret!

For sale my 406 exec.

£600 spent in last few weeks on maintenance

4 Matching Michelin energy tyres 2 brand new 2 weeks ago two 50-60 percent

Cambelt water pump and tensioner 2 weeks ago

Service at the same time

2 New engine mounts

Enough service history if i hit you over the head with it it would hurt.
All old mots too i think.
This car had low mileage and was well serviced when i bought it at 55000 miles in may 2011.It Is now 116000 miles and has been serviced every 10000 in my ownership that's half the recommended service intervals,this is around every 4-5 months.The lpg system is top of the range, professionally fitted, fully sequential multi-point system by BRC. It is fitted with flash lube to protect the valves and includes a LPGA insurance certificate.The lpg sytem has been serviced every 12000 miles in my ownership and included with the car is a programming interface and spare gaseous filter for the next service.The system works perfectly with no noticeable loss of power. The car starts on petrol then as the engine warms up it switches over to gas automatically.
Everything on the car works perfectly including, the air con, folding mirrors and ALL the gadgets. It even has reverse sensors. The leather is in great condition although it did have a tiny split near the switch on the driver side about 10mm long and i glued a patch of leather on top to stop it spreading.(Does'nt look too bad).

This car has helped me a great deal financially as i averaged 35.7 on the fuel computer that is from 400 miles of motorway and 100 miles of town driving a week.
The real mpg on fill ups is 33mpg as you lose 10 percent due to the lower calorific value of gas.The good news is i am averaging 65p a litre for the gas, so basically my equivalent mpg is double as the fuel is less than half price.

Now i don't want to upset the diesel boys as there is nothing better than that lovely spread of torque when you nail a hdi (i know i have had 2 406s) But there is no common rail, dual mass, injector failure, dpf bollox with one of these. I have ran modern diesels in the past and I only seem to get big bills.

Paint not the best example some car park dings most of them there when i bought it and a bit of lacquer peel from all the stone chips on the front bumper and lots of tiny stone chips on the leading edge of the bonnet commensurate with two years of motorway driving. Wheels really need a re-furb and recently there is a tiny few bubbles of rust forming on the drivers wing on the wheel arch lip. I was in the middle of throwing a bit of money on it and was going to get a wing off ebay for 25-45 quid same color and use the how to guide to change it I think its only 7 bolts to change it. As I am a very critical person I am making it sound worse than it is But basically for the age and mileage of this motor it is very good shape, it does still look respectable and is a great cheap comfortable mile muncher.
Never let me down went to the south of France last September in it and did 4000 miles in 10 days.Totally reliable with loads of life left, uses no oil and I will be sad to see it go to be honest.
All the common 406 faults have been addressed including gearbox speed sensor,idle control valve,outside temp sensor,drop links,engine/gearbox mounts.
The front anti roll bar bushes are just starting to rattle these cost £15 on ebay if your handy with the spanners. If not an hour labor at a garage if I get full price will fit them. This does not effect the drive whatsoever, but will need doing for the next MOT in March. Call me regarding any questions on 07793606850. The car is in Lincolnshire but I would be willing to deliver if the fuel cost is covered.
Haynes manual included
Taxed August
Tested march
£750 ovno

More photos by email if you wish the forum would only let me put three on.

Thanks Matt
Attachments
P1140523.JPG
P1140522.JPG
P1140520.JPG
Petrol executive 2001 model Running on L.P.G