Another bargain!

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: Another bargain!

Post by highlander »

Exhaust tip's hanging kinda low too, isn't it? I know it's a diesel and the tip is turned down, but it looks like it might need a new exhaust hanger.

Actually, the auction is for *two* 406 HDi's - this one, and his daughter's one. The wording in the ad is slightly ambiguous but it suggests it's his daughter's 406 that has the brake fault.

If someone buys this, then they will have a gold 406 with nearly a full year's ticket, and a spares car (or one that can probably be repaired without much work).

Pet peeve: the photos don't show the registration, so I can't look it up on the MOT history checker. The photos don't show the extent of the rust on the sill. The photos appear to have been taken using a camera with potato resolution, presumably from about 10 - 15 years ago, so details of bodywork dings and rust are hard to make out. Also, no photos of the other car at all.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Seems to me that members on here with a good known 406 should hang onto it.....

Brake servo test I thought was to pump the brake pedal hard with engine off...start engine....pedal will sink a bit....but not hit the floor obvs.

I don't know what the problem could be unless the replacement MC has been fitted wrong or is leaking. It shouldn't really be too bad to fix.
Cars in my care:

2005 Volvo S40 T5 German Diesel botherer with new tyre grippage
2010 Citroen C4 1.6 HDi turbo de' explosions, bizarre gearbox model
2010 Renner Twingo refreshingly simple
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Think it depends if it's got brake assist or not - http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... ink#p41842
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - sold but being very well looked after.
1991 Yamaha TDM850 - pretending to be 425cc single :frown:
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVTI ATM (Anti-Theft Mechanism) LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - It's alive!!