Hmm.. What to do 😏

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Nickyyaryar

Hmm.. What to do 😏

Post by Nickyyaryar »

Just got this little beauty for a steal. It’s done 42k, hdi 90 and runs like a dream.

I want to do some nice things to it, so if anyone has an executive interior or some Perspex headlight covers please gimme a shout and I’ll trade you for the rocking horse sh*t that I have in my safe 😉

Think some 18 inch lincancubar alloys when I find some.. these 206 wheels definitely need more spacing in the mean time.

From what I’m reading in the threads this isn’t the engine to tune, is it really that bad? 😂

I mean I like it, it’s clean and cheap to run and nippy enough.. would just be nice to modernise it a bit and keep up with ze Germans 🤷‍♂️
Attachments
7BC5DDC9-F757-485C-B0B4-166353B4201E.jpeg
(110.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Hmm.. What to do 😏

Post by PeterN »

I ran 406 estates for about 10 years, brilliant car, probably the best one Peugeot ever made, mine were the 110 bhp ones. I think the main difference between is the lack of an intercooler, there should be a good number of cars out there that you could obtain an intercooler and the necessary pipes from, then it will probably require some tuning to get the full output.

I wouldn't use anything other than 15" tyres on mine as my primary requirement is ride comfort and they are the optimum, but if you are used to most modern cars that shake your teeth loose you probably won't notice so much.

Peter
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

The main difference between a 90 & a 110 is one is Bosch fueling & ecu controlled turbo (110)
with the aforementioned intercooler and pipework.
A 90 is Siemens fueling & mechanical boost control with no intercooler.

HDi tuning can supply you two levels of re-map 1st 125bhp no supporting mods needed
or up to 150bhp , you need to fit a intercooler, remove the cat ect.
Have a read up on there website.

You want 20mm hubcentric spacers all round with those Challengers, a 40mm drop would massively improve
the look & handling as well.
A coupe front strut brace is a cheep bolt on mod that sharpens up the front end & improves turn in.

Leather interior for an estate, good luck finding that.
They are out there but just try finding it :?
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

The memory fades but I think early 90's are still Bosch, later are Siemens. Much can be done with the Bosch while the Siemens is pretty fixed, you can't do much with them without sending them off for modifications.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Nickyyaryar

Post by Nickyyaryar »

PeterN wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 am I ran 406 estates for about 10 years, brilliant car, probably the best one Peugeot ever made, mine were the 110 bhp ones. I think the main difference between is the lack of an intercooler, there should be a good number of cars out there that you could obtain an intercooler and the necessary pipes from, then it will probably require some tuning to get the full output.

I wouldn't use anything other than 15" tyres on mine as my primary requirement is ride comfort and they are the optimum, but if you are used to most modern cars that shake your teeth loose you probably won't notice so much.

Peter
Thank you Peter!

Agreed, they are a fantastic car.. right at the end of the ‘good cars’ in my opinion.

It’s nice to know that I can steal an intercooler off the 110,
Like to say, send it for a map after and hopefully it’ll accept it 👍
Nickyyaryar

Post by Nickyyaryar »

dirtydirtydiesel wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:59 pm The main difference between a 90 & a 110 is one is Bosch fueling & ecu controlled turbo (110)
with the aforementioned intercooler and pipework.
A 90 is Siemens fueling & mechanical boost control with no intercooler.

HDi tuning can supply you two levels of re-map 1st 125bhp no supporting mods needed
or up to 150bhp , you need to fit a intercooler, remove the cat ect.
Have a read up on there website.

You want 20mm hubcentric spacers all round with those Challengers, a 40mm drop would massively improve
the look & handling as well.
A coupe front strut brace is a cheep bolt on mod that sharpens up the front end & improves turn in.

Leather interior for an estate, good luck finding that.
They are out there but just try finding it :?
Thanks for your reply DD,

I absolutely agree with the challengers comment, I’ve got 5mm on there at the moment just so it clears the calliper but need to fork out for the 20’s and nuts, I’ve found them for about 90 quid all round on eBay.

I have seen the hdi tuning website, those guys seem will be a useful company coming forward.

Haha yeah, I’ve tried finding the interior but I’m more likely to buy a donor car before finding the seats by themselves 😭

These comments are great though, thank you all..

Like I mentioned I don’t need to go crazy, just a couple of nice upgrades.

It’s good to know the coupe strut brace fits too.. I’ve looked at parts from a coupe but was a bit uncertain, hence this website!

You mentioned about lowering, I’ve seen a set of coil overs that I might invest in once the 18s come along.. they do 40 on the front and up to 100 at the back, don’t think I’ll go much lower as the front end is already catching kerbs and larger bumps, like Peter says, the ride is good in here and I don’t want to go to far!