That COVID - How's it affected you?

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: That COVID - How's it affected you?

Post by GingerMagic »

I mustard mitt we've been very lucky in the Magic household, given the fact we have 2 boys in different schools, Mrs Magic works* in a school and myself travelling around the area delivering building materials in my lorry, to hard* working builders :cheesy:

Until Tuesday 10th when both me and Mrs Magic had our flu jabs ( hers as she works in a school - me because half of my internal organs are missing ) so come the following Saturday when we both felt a little under the weather we assumed it was the injection of a dead virus that did us in.

Me being a bloke and all, went to work the following Monday as I'm a mahoosive believer in fresh air cures all, and I've been tickety boo ever since - however Mrs Magic never really improved so she did the dreaded test last Friday evening ( I suggested she do it on the Saturday so I could go to work and help a friend out afterwards but she got very upset as apparently I don't care about her feelings and I put my work first and her health second, or something - I wasn't listening to be honest ) and lo and behold her test came back positive... :shock:

That certainly explains a few things.. :?

So, we are now on day 8 of isolation and I am hating every minute of it - I worked throughout the last lockdown, I'm not a stay at home type...

So in a short space we've gone from largely unaffected, to being very affected - luckily our neighbours are decent and have added bits and bobs to their shopping list to drop off in our porch :cheesy:

Only* 6 days to go - I'm spending tomorrow in the garden just to get out...!!
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Bad luck there young Mr Magic, hope that's your only brush with it till we're out the other side.

My sons's business partner tested +ve about 3 weeks ago, so he got tested the following day but despite chasing & cajoling he never did get a result. Irrelevant now anyway. :roll:
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Mr Magic - sorry to hear about Mrs_Magic - she'll be alright though eh.

There must be loads of people who are going around the community feeling 'ill' but not realising what it is - especially in winter. And also loads of people who test positive but can't/won't isolate.

Ideally Mr Magic should get a test and if all clear then crack on - all this 'wait and see' caper I dunno.....
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Ginger, sorry Mrs magic has tested +.
I'm sure she'll be fine but I understand your worry.
Mrs DDD work's as a L.S.A in our local school by day & our local Morrisons by eve
so has been pretty much at the sharp end all through this :roll:

I manufacture health care products (one off custom made wheelchairs) so have also worked all throughout.
Both son's, like Dia have been at their two different school's when they can year 6 & year 8.

Dia, top work with the pimp my shed :cheesy:
I made my wife's 'Wendy house' but did it around work :roll:

Keep safe & sane everyone :)
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
Welly

Post by Welly »

:arrowu: Busiest Family of the Year Award :arrowu:

My missus has just had a negative Antibody test result, not something to feel positive about. See what I did there.
Cars in my care:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

dirtydirtydiesel wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm Dia, top work with the pimp my shed :cheesy:
Why thank you good sir :D
Welly wrote:Now you can get all the junk from the house/garage and fill that room with it :lol:
It's well on the way already :lol: It's also a bit of a workshop for my guitars etc, I picked up another one yesterday that needs some TLC, a proper setup and a pickup fitted, might start on that over the weekend.

Sorry to hear about Mrs Magic, Mr Magic, hope she makes a full and swift recovery.

Son Jr is home again, had a message from the school this morning that someone in his year group has tested +ve so the whole group has to isolate for another 14 days. He's not back in until Dec 9th and the smart money says that the last day of term will be Dec 11th, hardly worth the bother.

My splendid locality has made the news as the first Welsh town to introduce mass testing due to our obscenely high number of cases. Doesn't seem to be much organisation about it though. Mixed reports of the test centres being chaotic and dead. The schools are testing all kids next week (which my boy will now miss), the wife was originally told that the teachers would also be tested at school but apparently that's no longer the case so she'll have to go to one of the public testing centres if she wants a test. I'm undecided, the thought of standing in line for ages with loads of potentially contagious individuals really isn't doing it for me.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly

Post by Welly »

You'd think testing Teachers would be a priority; at least a weekly test and an Antibody test.

Kids schooling is properly ruined this year I feel very sorry for them and the families, not to mention their forced breaks from friends etc. what a mess.

And to top it all Turkey's are now dropping like flies with Bird Flue! give us a break surely there can't be any other disasters looming....oh wait....Brexit.

2020 can go get in the sea :frown:
Cars in my care:
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Been a good year for beaver apparently: https://news.sky.com/story/beavers-buil ... m-12146912
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

What does beaver taste like then? :shock:

Filmed in Croatia btw.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly

Post by Welly »

"hunted for their scent glands" ?

Why go to all that bother when you can go out on the lash and find your own interestingly-scented beaver :supafrisk:
Cars in my care:
supafrisk
Horse Whipper

Post by supafrisk »

Going to be awful and say that after having a massive row with next door earlier in the year over her daughter's constantly yapping Chihuahua (she accused me of putting a rape alarm thru her letterbox and reported me to the Police - I reported her back for putting CCTV up that encroached on my property. Police told her she had no proof I put it through the letterbox (I hadn't) and told her to take down the CCTV), she caught Covid and her daughter and yappy anklebiter moved out temporarily, so I'm thankful for the respite Covid caused.
Never had a social life before it and I'm antisocial anyway, so it's been pretty much normal, apart from not being able to shop at 2am in the morning (because clearly Covid knows if you're out of bed :roll: )
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Hello again, nice to hear from you. 8)
Sorry to hear about your neighbour issues - FWIW my daughter's got a non-yappy chihuahua but it's only got 3 legs, wonder if that's the secret. :?
Are you still driving taxis? I guess that can't be easy in these times.
I packed in driving trucks doing store deliveries back at the start of the pandemic cos I figured the less well-off souls I was rubbing shoulders with were least likely to be able to take time off if unwell.
My son's in the nightclub business, just about got back on his feet after a year of expecting to lose everything, then the latest fiasco just in time to screw up the xmas / new year they depend on to get through Jan/Feb.
I'm retired now, too fat, bored, sick to death of catching up with the DIY/decorating backlog, (so it's taking forever).
All my own fault.

Take care
D9406
2.2 16v

Post by D9406 »

All ok here, myself and partner triple jabbed. My 2 sons who share a flat are both double jabbed and both have have had covid twice, one of them installs high end security kit and travels all over uk often staying away for a week at a time. Mixing on sites with other trades is where he picked it up.
He has lost thousands in wages, £250 a day wages or ssp, because of being pinged on the app, now deleted, the other worked from home so was ok. Neither was particularly ill either time. My partners son in law is a teacher and caught it from a pupil whose parents had tested positive but sent their kid to school.
As said, the huge drop in income is why people who are positive carry on working and spreading the virus, until proper support is paid it will carry on.
Andy
1999 406 HDi 2.0 110 GTX Estate. 48k when bought, now 150K. Second owner, I've covered over 100k in it.
Clutch changed @110k, bottom pulley changed, cam belt changed, EGR blanked, cat removed, front springs changed.
supafrisk
Horse Whipper

Post by supafrisk »

Doggy wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:51 am Hello again, nice to hear from you. 8)
Sorry to hear about your neighbour issues - FWIW my daughter's got a non-yappy chihuahua but it's only got 3 legs, wonder if that's the secret. :?
Are you still driving taxis? I guess that can't be easy in these times.
I packed in driving trucks doing store deliveries back at the start of the pandemic cos I figured the less well-off souls I was rubbing shoulders with were least likely to be able to take time off if unwell.
My son's in the nightclub business, just about got back on his feet after a year of expecting to lose everything, then the latest fiasco just in time to screw up the xmas / new year they depend on to get through Jan/Feb.
I'm retired now, too fat, bored, sick to death of catching up with the DIY/decorating backlog, (so it's taking forever).
All my own fault.

Take care
Still being exploited for peanuts, yes lol
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Like most on here, I am anti-social so happy to be forced to interact with other beings. I did miss my badminton and going out to pubs with the Mrs_CJ but we can't do the latter too much due to having twins, who take up ALL of our time. I am extremely tired... :(

Not much happened on the work side. I am in IT, so was not really affected and worked mostly from home anyway.

My Mrs did lose her 95yo granddad to CV19 last year but he had a good run.
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium