The wonky £1K citron Citroën

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: The wonky £1K citron Citroën

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

+2 on what Doggy said Richard,
We've met a few times at Pugfest, I went 2017, 2018 & 2019
You are a nice person & don't deserve the last 12 months.
I know it can be very hard somtimes, but keep your chin up/ keep the faith.
Whatever works for you, when things are sh*t they can only get better :roll:

I genuinely hope you resolve your housing issue's.
& cut your losses with the Shitrun.
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: The wonky £1K citron Citroën

Post by Welly »

Hi Richard, we've not met I know but I can accord with what the others have said.

As far as the properties go I think you may benefit from some fresh advice - especially about the Boiler, I know modern wall-mounted boilers seem to self-destruct at 10 to 12 years now but younger ones seem to stand up well to a few new parts and a service/safety cert etc. I kept our old Potterton Promax going to 14 years by throwing a tested (used) PCB at it and new flow switch - eventually the heat exchanger leaked and I had to throw the towel in.

I sourced a new Glow Worm boiler for £800 and had a guy from a local 'Gas Safe' Plumbing firm fit it for £240 it was a straight forward swap though.

The furniture thing is ridiculous in my view but rules are rules and all that crap, I agree that there's quite a number of obstacles between you and a prospective tenant - you know, the tenant who wants to pay jack-sh*t in rent but 'expects' a luxury home.

It winds me up when I hear of 'tradesmen' over charging or twisting things to their favour, this is the reason I do all my own maintenance.

Also without belittling your experiences last year I think everyone has had a belly full of worry and stress with 'the thing' in 2020 and its not unusual at all to feel like anything else thrown at you is too much to handle, it will improve though, it has to.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work