car manual

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

NinoB
2.2 16v

car manual

Post by NinoB »

I bought my car from someone with out manual, please can someone help me with hynes manual or service box? My car is 406 petrol executive 2001 manual transmission
Thanks
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: car manual

Post by highlander »

All the owners manuals for Peugeots are available here:

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

thank.. but my car is 2001 model .. which in the website you sent the manuals start from 2002 upward,so no 2001 manuals.. what can i do next?
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Unfortunately I'm not aware of online versions of the manuals for older cars. The 2002 guide should be useful to some extent, excepting that the COM2000 control stalk was introduced part-way through 2001 during the series' change from part-multiplex to fully-multiplex wiring. Because your car was built during the changeover year, your car may or may not have COM2000. If it does, the 2002 manual should be pretty relevant. If not, then probably not so much.

Can you show a picture of your steering wheel and indicator/light stalks?

If all else fails, you may find it necessary to buy a manual off eBay. This listing is apparently for a 2000-model car, which would be suitable for a facelifted car (post 1999 T-registration) without the COM2000 control stalk system:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-406-O ... Swt7ZXpcEg

(disclaimer - I have no affiliation with the seller of the manual listed in the link above)
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

I have a PDF copy of the Haynes manual, although I think it may be for a different model (1999 - 2002 I think ) - however I'm happy to put it on a CD for you and send it through the post if you like...
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

The D9 Haynes only does up to 2002 so doesn't cover full-mux cars.

I think the word that's needed here is "handbook". They only go back to 2002 on Service Box so the com2000 stuff will probably be irrelevant, but everything else will be ok and you can always ask questions....
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

highlander wrote:Unfortunately I'm not aware of online versions of the manuals for older cars. The 2002 guide should be useful to some extent, excepting that the COM2000 control stalk was introduced part-way through 2001 during the series' change from part-multiplex to fully-multiplex wiring. Because your car was built during the changeover year, your car may or may not have COM2000. If it does, the 2002 manual should be pretty relevant. If not, then probably not so much.

Can you show a picture of your steering wheel and indicator/light stalks?

If all else fails, you may find it necessary to buy a manual off eBay. This listing is apparently for a 2000-model car, which would be suitable for a facelifted car (post 1999 T-registration) without the COM2000 control stalk system:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-406-O ... Swt7ZXpcEg

(disclaimer - I have no affiliation with the seller of the manual listed in the link above)
unfortunately mine does not have com 2000, the controls are different not integrate together.
GingerMagic wrote:I have a PDF copy of the Haynes manual, although I think it may be for a different model (1999 - 2002 I think ) - however I'm happy to put it on a CD for you and send it through the post if you like...
i will be glad if you will help me.
steve_earwig wrote:The D9 Haynes only does up to 2002 so doesn't cover full-mux cars.

I think the word that's needed here is "handbook". They only go back to 2002 on Service Box so the com2000 stuff will probably be irrelevant, but everything else will be ok and you can always ask questions....
i think my car is semi mux.. anyway i want to check and repair my faulty cruise control..
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Cruise control faults are generally caused by faulty switches at the pedals. To disengage cruise, you have to press either the brake or clutch pedals. Each of those pedals should have a small switch attached, which we know sometimes break.

On newer cars, the cruise control system is operated by the BSI / ECU systems, and is fairly robust (save for the pedal switches, which have been known to fail). On earlier (pre-MUX) cars however, the cruise control system is vacuum-actuated, so it's conceivable that a vacuum leak may cause significant issues with the cruise control system.

I did have a 1999 semi-mux car (facelifted, as it was a V-reg, but like yours, not new enough to have COM2000). Unfortunately mine was LX-trim and did not have cruise control at all, so I'm not sure what kind of arrangement a 2001 car would have for cruise.

Pedal switches are the first things to check out though. If they fail so that they are permanently-on, then the cruise control system will assume you're pressing either the brake or the clutch and will deactivate the cruise control system the same instant you activate it.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

AFAIK Cruise control on a petrol engine involves a servo mechanism to work the throttle and a separate ecu.

It's likely there will be some relevant information on the coupe forum
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
NinoB
2.2 16v

Post by NinoB »

All the switches behind the clutch and brake pedals are fine.. am suspecting the servo mechanisms....if I can get a guide guide on how to loose it or how to go about it.. also since is not full mux maybe it might have a fuse somewhere.. dunno was just thinking