€0.70 to spend a penny.....

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

€0.70 to spend a penny.....

Post by Doggy »

:shock:..., or should it be pfenning?

Anyroad, that's the going rate for visiting the loo at a German autobahn services as I discovered to my surprise/relief* yesterday.
Bit pricey I thought, (somehow can't see that one going on the expenses claim form).

I was at a supplier's two factories, one near Dusseldorf, t'other near Hanover over the last couple of days. Interesting trip.

Went back to Dusseldorf airport on one of these snazy double-decker trains

Built by Bombadier no less, (wonder if that was at Derby)?

225km in 2 hours for the princely sum of €29, which seems a bit* cheaper than our trains, and it goes directly to the airport.

Then you gets one of these, "Skytrains",

from the station to the terminal - a bit like Stansted, but dangling from above, which feels odd to say the least.

The Germans do seem to do this infrastructure stuff like they mean it. Airport's super modern too, (unlike Birmingham). :roll:

*BTW, I claim this month's award for providing a pic laden post, without actually taking any pictures :cheesy:
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: €0.70 to spend a penny.....

Post by Welly »

Thanks* for your* pics and going to all the effort* of posting :wink:

"Visiting a supplier" hmmmm sounds like a jolly to me :) nice work if so.

Welly_Junior is going to live in That Germany in 2017 for his 3rd year of the degree course, that's if its not full up by then :o
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
STALLED
The moderator down under

Post by STALLED »

I'll be in Deutschland at Xmas - Berlin und Leipzig. Trying to convince the Mrs that the Nurburgring is mandatory - but it seems as though I am not winning this battle.

Those machines must be new - never seen one before. Usually the services are free if you are a paying customer..?
1997 406 D8 ST Manual 2.0L!

steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Paying for the bogs seems to be the way across Europe but they're usually clean and well-maintained. You usually get a paper token to use the bogs for free if you buy a drink but that's not much help if the main reason you stopped was to use the bogs. I seem to recall ending up with a load of tokens left over when I drove to the UK a few years back :roll:

Public transport in Western Europe always seems to be fairly modern, clean, timely and cheap, in fact everything that it isn't in the UK :roll:

I've yet to go on a train in Croatia (I keep asking!), there are a few moderns but most of it seems to be fairly old. However they're clean, cheap and run on time (if the drivers aren't on strike...)
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.