Connects2 on semi-mux 406

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Connects2 on semi-mux 406

Post by fattail95 »

Afternoon guys,

Decided I'd really like to fit an auxillary port into my car to play stuff from my phone, and I understand the only way to do it and keep the stock stereo (which I want to do) is to install a Connects2 adaptor which connects to the CD multichanger port on the back of the radio?

Question is, does the Connects2 come in just one flavour or are there seperate models for semi-mux and full-mux cars? I'm lead to believe it's the former as I cant find any differences between semi-mux and full-mux factory stereo's but I might be quite wrong...

Any input would be appreciated :cheesy:

Ben
2001/Y Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi Saloon
150hp/330nm Powerflow stainless exhaust Kevlar clutch Cat delete EGR & Doser delete Leather interior Windows tinted Cruise control 5 dial cluster Yatour bluetooth Starfish alloys Twin rear fogs
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: Connects2 on semi-mux 406

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi Ben, Annie asked the same question the other day.

AFAIK there are 3 options for the Aux. A Connects2 with just the headphone Jack ( about £30 ). The Connects2 with the USB/SD card slot ( about £60 ) and the Yatour which is also USB/SD card.

All the eBay auction say they work on cars 2002 or newer, although I'm not sure why as the standard HU still reads the aux input regardless of type..??

My old Connects2 ( headphone jack type ) worked fine on my Fully-mux, and also on the wife's Picasso ( semi-mux, no comms ) so I can't see a problem.

If you take the plunge, let us know if it works. :cheesy:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

Thanks for the reply, I've done some more digging and found a result 8)

The Connects2's compatibility is not determined through electrical system type, rather the model of the radio. The Clarion RD3 radio's will work fine with the Connects2 and Yatour, however the Clarion PU-2184A (as fitted to my semi-mux) will only work with the Yatour. So, come payday, that will be bought and installed 8) Was considering replacing the factory head unit to gain the auxillary functionality, but being able to keep it all stock is much better/cleaner IMO.
150hp/330nm Powerflow stainless exhaust Kevlar clutch Cat delete EGR & Doser delete Leather interior Windows tinted Cruise control 5 dial cluster Yatour bluetooth Starfish alloys Twin rear fogs
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Me too, the standard OEM radio looks lovely, much cleaner lines.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Odd. I have definitely swapped head units between full & semi mux cars without any issues. :?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

Doggy wrote:Odd. I have definitely swapped head units between full & semi mux cars without any issues. :?
Yeah that's what I mean, there is nothing destinguishing a semi-mux from a full-mux radio as they're exactly the same. But there were variations in the model of the radio, some being Clario RD units and some being Clarion PU units.
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

I can't remember model numbers, the ones fitted to top spec full mux cars have a separate amplifier, my bro's old X-reg semi-mux exec had one with an intergral amp. I believe some of the very last ones had an integral amp you could disable/turn down to suit a car with an external amp.

Hope that helps?
Carts

Post by Carts »

Hi all..
Just a slight message off topic. I read previously that Doggy lives in Corby and has pp2000.
I've had an aux input fitted and need it activated. I live in kettering, could you help a fella out..
Thanx..
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

Finally the Yatour arrived! Only took 15 days from China...

Anyhow, its fitted and it works! To keep it clean, I popped the control box around the gear stick under the gaiter, and ran the aux cable up the back of the ashtray after cutting a very small cable-thickness indent to prevent it being pinched. Pics:

Really pleased with how tidy it looks, the audio quality is absolutely superb, much better than the radio. One of my favourite improvements so far.
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Well done sir - puts my temporary* Connects2 install to shame. :oops:
Carts wrote:Hi all..
Just a slight message off topic. I read previously that Doggy lives in Corby and has pp2000.
I've had an aux input fitted and need it activated. I live in kettering, could you help a fella out..
Thanx..
Sorry, I didn't notice this at the time. :oops:

If you post another reply, we'll approve it, then you can PM me....
djolemag

Post by djolemag »

@fattail95:

Maybe it is not right board topic, but it could be interesting to other members. I have a Q.
I saw in your signature that you have 5 dial conversion in Peugeot 406 and some other interesting stuff.
I have Peugeot 406 Break 2002 HDI 110, it has 4 dial panel with all LED lights (no bulbs), so I presume it is new type.
Could you point me to some direction how to convert to 5 dial panel?

Also, about cruise control, additional brake pedal switch, is it the same type as first one (contact when pedal pressed)?

Finally, I see you remapped it to more power and deleted EGR and doser? Do you have any better performance when deleted EGR and doser from ECU?
I removed doser and blanked EGR with plate, but I feel ECU is still taking them into calculations, I feel it would be better if remove them from ECU map.

Thank you in advance.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

djolemag wrote:@fattail95:

Maybe it is not right board topic, but it could be interesting to other members. I have a Q.
I saw in your signature that you have 5 dial conversion in Peugeot 406 and some other interesting stuff.
I have Peugeot 406 Break 2002 HDI 110, it has 4 dial panel with all LED lights (no bulbs), so I presume it is new type.
Could you point me to some direction how to convert to 5 dial panel?

Also, about cruise control, additional brake pedal switch, is it the same type as first one (contact when pedal pressed)?

Finally, I see you remapped it to more power and deleted EGR and doser? Do you have any better performance when deleted EGR and doser from ECU?
I removed doser and blanked EGR with plate, but I feel ECU is still taking them into calculations, I feel it would be better if remove them from ECU map.

Thank you in advance.
Hi, welcome to the club.
If you want a 5 dial type ( you can have black dials or white dials with a 2002 year ) then find a set with LOWER mileage than yours, and plug them in - 1 connector only on the back - and find someone with Peugeot diagnostics to 'activate' the oil temperature sensor. Its fitted, just not switched on.
Cruise control needs just a second brake light switch ( opposite to brake pedal lights as contact when pedal not pressed ), with ribbed sleeve, and a stalk then find someone with Peugeot diagnostics to 'activate' cruise control...

Yes, a remap that removes the EGR and Doser isn't expensive, and will certainly help.

Kelv.
djolemag

Post by djolemag »

Hi,
Thank you for welcome and quick reply :)
About dials, that is great info... I hope I will make it quickly, just to see about mileage. So, it means mileage is stored in some EEPROM in dash, not in BSI?
About cruise control, I already found stalk with 6 pins, that means it has limiter and cruise. I've checked my COM2000 and it also has 6 pins, so it should work out of box, with help of PP2000.
I've been investigating a little about brake pedal switches. According to Peugeot service box, brake switch is part no 4534.51 , while for cruise control part number is 4534.27 (and .37 on some models :? ).
Main point is that brake switch is "normally open - NO" position, while cruise control switch is "normally connected- NC".
I've checked data for aftermarket parts like FAE or FACET vendors, both says the same about corresponding switch models.
Can someone confirm that, please?
Anyway, main problem is to find retention ring for additional switch, I must go to some scrapyard and find something :)

About remap, will do that for sure , just wanted to be sure about doser and EGR delete.
Thank you for info, cheers!
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

djolemag wrote:I hope I will make it quickly, just to see about mileage. So, it means mileage is stored in some EEPROM in dash, not in BSI?
In the COM2000-equipped 406, the mileage is stored in two places - in the clocks, and in the BSI. On startup, the car will compare the two figures, and will automatically assume the HIGHER number is true, and will then immediately overwrite whichever has the lowest value so that the clocks are the same again. So if you want to keep your mileage indication correct, you need to find a set of brand new clocks - or at least, find clocks with a lower mileage than your own car has.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
djolemag

Post by djolemag »

Thanks for the info, so I must know the mileage before changing dials, otherwise I can get some big mileage. Good to know, really appreciate your advice. :D