Roadkill - your stories

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: Roadkill - your stories

Post by Welly »

john170277 wrote:I squashed a whopping great frog this morning
many years ago I got a moggie when driving a 7.5t truck that made a nice mess of the underside with its innerds splattered all over
Thanks for that.

*throws rest of Beef & Horseradish sandwich in the bin

I know I know I started it/should know better.....
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Welly wrote:I know I know I started it/should know better.....
Well, you did mention Skegness without any sort of content warning. :?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly

Post by Welly »

I know, Fat jowly-faced smoking shuffling excuses for women stuffing their faces with inappropriate food with eleventy sticky children in toe, it's the classiest* place on the East Coast :supafrisk:
Cars in my care:
Uberderv
2.0 16v

Post by Uberderv »

One evening on the way home from work I sadly tried to dodge a duck with her ducklings but only managed to miss the ducklings so unfortunately I guess they died/were eaten anyway.

A guy I know, knows a guy who lives next door to a bloke who actually managed to run over his pissed neighbour who had fallen asleep on the drive, he felt the bump and drove forward over the poor blokes legs/pelvis again :|
Welly

Post by Welly »

Oh noes what a dilemma :( on my route to work there's some Ducks that like to sit at the side of the road only one of them got squashed last week I noticed. Pardon to any duck-lovers (spelling verified) on here but they appear not to be blessed with much (or any) intelligence :?

As for the pissed bloke getting run over I just shake my head :o
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Yeah, bloody ducks, if you can't evolve quickly enough to adapt to the modern* world then you all deserve to die.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

:arrowu: :lol: :lol:

Was the pissed bloke injured? I saw some vids (posted of the Farcebook) recently of drunk people involved in accidents, including one who was run over by a 4X4, and was amazed at how well you can apparently take a beating when you're pissed, all to do with being floppy I suppose.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Ducks are exceptionally aggressive sexual predators. I was at Centerparcs on holiday a couple of years ago, and watched one of the buggers continually pester a female duck (who kept running away), until he eventually got fed up, jumped on her, bit and held on to her neck, and "got on with it". No wonder there's fecking millions of them around the place.

Seagulls are low-intelligence animals. I saw one fly down from a rooftop on to the pavement, then walk across the road, and then fly away again once it got to the other side. They're thieves and muggers, and are only interested in food and in shitting on cars. The ones around here are HUGE, too. I have no desire to be cruel to animals, but with seagulls - I'd just like to take a running kick at them, rugby style.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Welly

Post by Welly »

steve_earwig wrote:Yeah, bloody ducks, if you can't evolve quickly enough to adapt to the modern* world then you all deserve to die.
I probably sounded a bit unfair but I kinda meant I've seen things about Ducks; like where the ducklings hatch on a window ledge 10mtrs above a pavement or at a busy roadside etc, these ones I see are literally in the curb and walk out on you at any time :? they seems to live dangerously in a way. Most 'birds' get out of the way but maybe ducks are acting cool and won't be hurried.
Cars in my care:
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Why did the seagull cross the road?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Welly wrote:maybe ducks are acting cool and won't be hurried.
Except when they go from 0-60 immediately... :twisted:
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
Welly

Post by Welly »

Doggy wrote:Why did the seagull cross the road?
To rescue the Chicken?
Cars in my care:
Uberderv
2.0 16v

Post by Uberderv »

DaiRees wrote::arrowu: :lol: :lol:

Was the pissed bloke injured? .
Yes seriously, the numpty had fallen asleep with his legs etc under his neighbours car. The neighbour reverses to go about his business in the car, feels a bump then drives forward over him again, stops the car to check what the fook is going on and discovers him half crushed.

The guy lived but spent a long time in hospital.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

highlander wrote:Ducks are exceptionally aggressive sexual predators.
As are quite a few birds, next time you see a Christmas car with a robin on it remember that they're rapists and murderers... I remember seeing an interview with that mad feminist Germaine Greer where she was comparing men to roosters who just jumps on any hen they want without asking first. I'm not sure if she was saying the usual "men are all rapists" bollocks or she was telling us that monogamous relationships are unnatural...
I'd just like to take a running kick at them, rugby style.
Oddly enough, I sometimes feel that way about kids.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that you're right, animals are stupid but they're only stupid compared to us, (supposedly) the most intelligent species on the planet- Animals have as much intelligence as they needed to live before man came along, they've been like it for millions of years so it's hard for them to evolve to deal with man in the short time man has been predominant on the planet. So, when our paths cross, and the animal is injured or killed, whose fault is it? Is it the duck for not adapting quickly enough, or is it man's fault for not taking the duck into consideration? Who put a road next to the pond, was it a duck? Was Mrs. Duck mad for building her nest 30 feet in the air, or was it because something scared her and her instincts told her to build it out of reach? What are seagulls looking for on the road? Roadkill perhaps?

Sorry, it's just the way I feel at the moment, I even felt sorry for the walnut saplings I lawnmowered yesterday :(
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.