Merry Christmas Welly you Idiot

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Merry Christmas Welly you Idiot

Post by Welly »

Short Grump:

This Week:

Tyre swappage = £63.00
Alignmentage = £30.00
H7 Bulbage = £15.00

PARKING FINE* - £25.00

:frown:

*Hello Welly, this is your local council here, you know that parking bay near your work? you know the one you've been parking in for the last 3 months because there's no f*cking room in the residential streets? you know, where we removed the double-yellers in the summer and marked out the free bays for motorists? yes? well we're nabbing those back so the Shoppers can park and get ripped off in the over-priced emporiums on the High Street. Thing is like, we're going to change the parking restrictions to 30 minutes and not tell anyone, no that's right, what we'll do is put a small sign up in amongst those others you never pay attention too, you know the ones that are 8 f*cking feet in the air, then you know how you get to work real early at 06:30 because you're a hard-working tax payer type? well cos it's dark and that you won't see the sign even more and we will slap an incredibly sticky PCN to your windscreen (did you wash the car at the weekend? it looks nice). Anyway have a nice day you loser and keep 'em peeled in future....
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Re: Merry Christmas Welly you Idiot

Post by highlander »

Baaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrstarrrrrrrrrds.

This is how they pay for their damned Christmas do, I guaran-f*cking-tee it. Bah humbug, Council. Bah bloody humbug.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

25 quid? Is that all? Not that I'm wishing a steeper fine on you or anything but I seem to remember paying a lot more :?
highlander wrote:This is how they pay for their damned Christmas do
That sounds like the cops here, suddenly they're everywhere with cameras an' sh*t waiting in all the places with ridiculously low speed limits (e,g, 40kmph on the old high road to the coast because there's a pedestrian crossing that nobody ever uses) The buggers caught me a couple of years ago because for once I was keeping up with the traffic instead of holding it up. 60 quid fine, happy christmas to you too, you cnuts :evil:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly

Post by Welly »

The fine is £50.00 in theory but reduced to 25.00 if paid within 14 days. I know it's not the end of the world but I'd rather it be in my bank not there's :frown:

Biggest grump is the sneaky way they did it, I can imagine the Warden rubbing his hands 'picking off' all the dumb motorists that didn't read the new sign, fuckers :frown:
Cars in my care:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Theiving f*kers arnt they, :(

theres nowt you can do about it tho..once these little hittler's put a ticket on the screen it's too late.
no wonder they get so much abuse.. they must be on a good wage. :?
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

That's really annoying, try not to let it bother you. None of us needs extra hassle at this time of year.

Still anticipating the new bulbz revue, BTW
Welly wrote:Short Grump
I can see you're upset, but there's no need to be personal.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
peugeot30v6
2.0 16v

Post by peugeot30v6 »

You should see the prices of having a car on the road in Japan. I was speaking to a dealership owner and he said that at the end of each year a every car has to under go a Japanese inspection called Shaken, Which is almost £800 a time, when you buy a car you have to report the mm, where, and the width of the parking space of your house to the local police for records. Just think how much £800 a year can add up to. Makes me think how lucky I am to only have to spend a couple of quid a year on my car as apposed to the Japanese :|
2002 Peugeot 406 V6 Auto Executive [95100miles]
2003 Peugeot 406 HDI 110 Executive Manual [157000miles]
2002 Volvo S60 2.0t Auto [287000miles]
Welly

Post by Welly »

Doggy wrote:That's really annoying, try not to let it bother you. None of us needs extra hassle at this time of year.

Still anticipating the new bulbz revue, BTW
Welly wrote:Short Grump
I can see you're upset, but there's no need to be personal.
:) I might fit the bulbz this weekend, I haven't needed to as the Ozzy Wallet-breakers still have illuminatory capacity but also I've lacked motivational-ness.
Cars in my care:
Welly

Post by Welly »

peugeot30v6 wrote:You should see the prices of having a car on the road in Japan. I was speaking to a dealership owner and he said that at the end of each year a every car has to under go a Japanese inspection called Shaken, Which is almost £800 a time, when you buy a car you have to report the mm, where, and the width of the parking space of your house to the local police for records. Just think how much £800 a year can add up to. Makes me think how lucky I am to only have to spend a couple of quid a year on my car as apposed to the Japanese :|
About 10 years ago I was 'into' Jap imports and had an imported Honda Integra, the Shaken test sees the car stripped down; sussy components are removed and inspected and it's all very thorough. Consequently it is not usually attractive to own an older car (I think the test escalates as the car ages) and many are exported with low mileage and in very good condition, they don't 'salt' the roads over there so the undersides are very clean, mine was. I understand there are incentives to buy new cars so there's a high turn-around in sales and lots of exports going on.

Lots of Japanese families only use the car on the weekends for leisure (like Skiing funnily enough) and treat the car as a valuable asset to their lifestyle. The daily commute is by efficient public transport.
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I suspect there are a lot of other variables, like what's the average wage and how much new cars cost over there...

Shaken not stirred? Sounds a bit like an HGV test... :shock:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Rolebama
2.0 Turbo

Post by Rolebama »

A friend of mine got a very obscure Mitsubishi 4 x 4 as a Jap/grey import a few years ago. Paid £4000 for it, and was offered £5000 by the dealer he took it to to order service parts. Can't remember the model name or the mileage, but it looked like a 'rounded' Shogun. Three years old. Worth every penny. Sailed through the first three MOTs he did, and he only sold it on a couple of years ago because he got a company car with a new job.
1998 2.1 GLX TD