engine cover

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

crispy
1.6 8v

engine cover

Post by crispy »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help, Ive not long re bought another 406 on a "W" plate, now when giving it a good seeing to, it seems to be missing a cover on top of the engine.
I can see the small brass nuts in the cam covers as there are 4 of them, but when ive checked on the interweb (ie pictures) of the 1.8 petrol engine, not one of them have a cover on them, now, is this engine fitted with a cover, if not , then what are the small brass threaded holes for ?
If it has had one fitted (and all the pictures ive seen are also missing the covers) where on earth can I find one?
The car I have is an absolute peach, 33,000 on the clock with full history etc, love it to bits, had a few people say to me it looks dated , and why buy a 1.8 but at my age I dont need speed and it feels like a brand new old car, would be grateful for any info on the cover tho
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: engine cover

Post by steve_earwig »

Wow, that's low miles!

I think W reg means it's a year 2000 and it's D9, there's only a cover listed for the EW7J4 1.8, I'm not sure which you have but it looks like the other 3 never got a cover.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
crispy
1.6 8v

Re: engine cover

Post by crispy »

ok thanks for that, thought that something was missing with the screw holes exposed.
Yep its a "W"reg, I couldnt believe the car when I saw it, it was bought in the Bath area by an old guy that suffered from alzheimers, and he had to give up driving shortly after purchase, then I bought it off the second owner, Police traffic officer, I really want to keep this one, she's a gem, cambelt done and full history.
The only thing I found was the aircon didnt work, but when checked out she only needed re-gassing, now cold as ice