~Tis the Season for misaligned Headlamps tra la la la la~

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: ~Tis the Season for misaligned Headlamps tra la la la la

Post by steve_earwig »

A car that's designed to warp disks, excellent :roll:
TooT wrote:What i find more annoying at the moment is the 'hey look how cool i am with just my string of fairy led day running lights on in the dark/fog'. All well and good you muppet but your tail lights aren't on :roll:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Bailes1992 wrote:Could be driving an auto? The BMW reguires you to keep your foot on the brake for the start/stop to work. If you up it in park it starts up again.
That's weird, so what happens if you stop - keep the foot brake on - [engine stops] - then release the foot brake - engine starts? :? and if you put it in 'Park' it starts? surely putting it in Park means "I want to stop for a bit" :roll:

Thinking about it if most of these new cars have electric handbrakes then maybe the driver will be inclined to cover the foot brake mostly anyway and keep dazzling us :frown:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Welly wrote:I forgot to mention, but was reminded this very morning, of the "Foot Brake Dazzlers" :x

You sit there, in a queue, handbrake on, and your face and retinas are bathed in the burning glow from some of Germany's finest Red LED's until he releases the foot brake just microseconds before setting off.
To be honest this does not bother me, while all the people with foglights on (even rear foglights) just because the sun's obscured by clouds really piss me off.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
Welly

Post by Welly »

Back with a BANG!

Yup, it's back with the clock-change.

All the mouth-breathing twerps dazzling me with a selection of skyward pointing headlamps, f*cking LED's and HID's, using the footbrake in standing traffic........

............and all the one-eyed cars have made a familiar reappearance this year.
Cars in my care:
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Welly wrote:Back with a BANG!

All the mouth-breathing twerps dazzling me with a selection of skyward pointing headlamps, f*cking LED's and HID's, using the footbrake in standing traffic........

............and all the one-eyed cars have made a familiar reappearance this year.
Not to mention an abundance of cyclist with no lights on.....

Daytime running lights - why are they all as bright as the sun, when it is actually broad daylight and the real sun is doing a pretty decent job....pfft.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
OllieNZ
2.0 Turbo

Post by OllieNZ »

Welly wrote:Back with a BANG!

Don't forget the fog light in near perfect conditions user
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

Know what I'm being blinded by constantly?

SUVs (you know those things that aren't quite SUVs but more like jacked up hatchbacks with 2WD) with bloody HIDs. All the time.
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Well don't look at me, yoyoII don't go no HIDs, just normal* bulbs (H11). And they're sh*t.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
OllieNZ
2.0 Turbo

Post by OllieNZ »

Bailes1992 wrote:Know what I'm being blinded by constantly?

SUVs (you know those things that aren't quite SUVs but more like jacked up hatchbacks with 2WD) with bloody HIDs. All the time.
Thanks to the jimny that's now a thing of the past.

Driving to work yesterday (I'm doing early shift this week and have to be at work for 6am) and was being tailgated by someone in a spanking new Mercedes and their dip hids were brighter than my high beams [emoji49]
rwb
3.0 24v

Post by rwb »

GingerMagic wrote: Daytime running lights - why are they all as bright as the sun, when it is actually broad daylight and the real sun is doing a pretty decent job....pfft.
^^ this

fairy lights

Headlights at twilight instead of side lights annoys me: with side lights I can see the whole vehicle, but with headlights all I can see is glare

Current: 407 2.2 HDi 170 & C6 2.7 HDi.
Former: 406 1.9 TD; 406 HDi 90; 407 2.2 160; 307cc 180; 508 HDi 140.
Map of PeugeotForums users offering PP2k
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

I'm not so sure they're back - methinks they never went away. :roll:

I get miffed at all the morons parked wiv their headlights on, cyclists wiv no lights, cyclists wiv HID's brighter than cars, cars with one headlight, one headlight and the fogz to make up for it, the list is endless.

This morning quite few peoples on the A14 were using rear fogs cos of really heavy spray, (it was like a monsoon). Now I think doing this in daylight is a good idea since it doesn't dazzle anyone and definitely makes you easier to see. Unfortunately, you can't do this on a 406 without the 'I'm a moron' front fogz on too. :evil:

Front fogz relay is going in the bin Saturday. :x
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Doggy wrote:cyclists wiv HID's brighter than cars
Haha that's me :oops: Im my defence, country lanes (75% of my 25km cycle to work) I'm just using a bright-enough flashing light front and rear if it's light, or in the dark, both flashing lights and downward-aimed high power constant lights.

In town streets with traffic often moving slower than me though, day or night I'm angling my front lights straight forward and putting them both on flash. I NEED drivers I'm over/undertaking or being overtaken by to see me because I'm never just dawdling around; I'm doing proper speeds

Since stepping up my light game, I've had a lot less near-misses and "sorry, didn't see you". If I'm pissing someone off with my lights, then they're aware of me, and that's Good.

Additionally, did you know road speed limits only apply to motor vehicles? I hope one day someone decides to stop me for doing 45 or more in a 30 - the only thing they can do me for is "cycling furiously" and my god do I want to be done for that! :twisted:
This morning quite few peoples on the A14 were using rear fogs cos of really heavy spray, (it was like a monsoon). Now I think doing this in daylight is a good idea since it doesn't dazzle anyone and definitely makes you easier to see. Unfortunately, you can't do this on a 406 without the 'I'm a moron' front fogz on too. :evil:
I've also used fog lamps on the M25 driving directly into a blinding summer sunrise.
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
Welly

Post by Welly »

Well that was nice* this morning.....dark, heavy rain and some knobber in a BMW with modified HID's in the headlamps and HID front FOGS blaring away.

It looked light football stadium floodlights coming towards you :frown:
Cars in my care:
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Does anyone use sidelights? I was under the impression that according to the highway code, they are only to be used when parking near an awkward junction. And not while driving. I despise it when people just have their sidelights on in a monsoon or heavy fog. Totally and utterly pointless. Might as well have candles in jam jars strapped to the front of your car....
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
Welly

Post by Welly »

There's some actual law that in well-lit urban areas you can drive with side lights only and headlights are not mandatory. Or something.

Oh and it's a bit foggy this morning but the sun* is up but obvs the "fog" means to switch on the front fog lamps cos that's really useful* :roll:
Cars in my care: