dvla rant

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

jamjar1383
3.0 24v

dvla rant

Post by jamjar1383 »

lost my driving license card a while ago so i phoned them last week to ask them what i needed to do to get a duplicate and then they told me they have no record of me ever having or even applying for a license, WTF?

so they told me to send them a letter and i did that straight away, so fast forward to today a week after i sent the letter and the chap on the other end of the phone tells me its gonna be at least 3 weeks before they do anything on my case whatso ever, and because of this i can't drive anything at all as if the police do a dvla licence check it comes back as me having no license, really annoying because i just spent £700 on buying a new dally driver and doing a load of bits to it.

really p***ed off to say the least
dvla are a bunch of useless sods
d9 hdi 90 rapier estate

"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Re: dvla rant

Post by sirwiggum »

How can they lose a persons licence??? :shock:

Was it the photocard, the paper, or both you lost?
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
leestudd30
2.0 Turbo

Post by leestudd30 »

Yeah, as above, have you got the paper part of the your licence?
1997 2 litre GLX 4dr now dead!
2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso Desire HDi
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

it happend to me years ago,
had to fill forms in, itold them where ipassed my test what date/year and in what car, Nissan sunny it was,

they issue you with a tempoary licence until the problem is Rectified, or atleast they shouid,
this was years ago it happend to me ida thought they got over the problem of loosing info by now,

Any probs contact a solicitor,icertainly wouid
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Edit: just read that properly :oops:
so its just a loss of an Application for a duplictate licence?
iwouidnt worry, police wouid contact dvla if you havnt one to produce if you told them youve lost it,

ive been told off a few times for still having the paperone, iwill apply for the new plastic id type one day ive got enough id cards with my ugly mug on as it is
fkem :P
jamjar1383
3.0 24v

Post by jamjar1383 »

lozz wrote:Edit: just read that properly :oops:
so its just a loss of an Application for a duplictate licence?
iwouidnt worry, police wouid contact dvla if you havnt one to produce if you told them youve lost it,

ive been told off a few times for still having the paperone, iwill apply for the new plastic id type one day ive got enough id cards with my ugly mug on as it is
fkem :P
no mate i lost the card and counter part when i moved years ago, and they have no record of me ever having one or even passing my test, been 2 week already and nothing bk from them, really doing my head in being on a push bike, done a month's worth of pain killers and the 2 weeks of steriods in already, im in a lot of pain riding the bike, ive been bk to the doc and he reckons i need to stop with the bike but because of them tossers i have no choise.
d9 hdi 90 rapier estate

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

get a solicitor on it mate,

icertainly wouid,
ive sent off for my photo card, iwill be still keeping my old paper type one tho just incase!
how they loose stuff is beyond me :(
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Dvla lost alot of infomation in 2007,
somelost entitlements to ride Motorcycles,even tho they had passed there test on one, it was taken off there licence,
My mate was a waggon driver, they did the same with him, he can no longer drive a waggon so if he wanted to do that job again hes no chance,

id check to see if your not amongst those, that where affected by there balls up in 2007,
if so id take them to court, you couid of ended up in trouble for something thats not your fault, also if you wouid of been in a accident your insurance wouid of been void, id deffo have a solicitor on it, and look into Compensation for all the hastle theyve caused you, :roll:
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

lozz wrote:get a solicitor on it mate,

icertainly wouid,
ive sent off for my photo card, iwill be still keeping my old paper type one tho just incase!
Who's had a go at you for not having photo licence? it's not compulsory tell them to do one.
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

scotty73 wrote:
lozz wrote:get a solicitor on it mate,

icertainly wouid,
Who's had a go at you for not having photo licence? it's not compulsory tell them to do one.
one of the grumpy rozzers,
aparantly you need a photocard one,

you do get the odd rozzer thats had abad day, they even checked to see ihad screen wash in the washer bottle :frown:
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

My wife had to phone the dvla a few weeks back (work related "solicitors") they told her she dont need a photo licence.
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

you might be right mate,
jamjar1383
3.0 24v

Post by jamjar1383 »

well taking these buggers to court in aug, but it looks like im gonna lose, on the plus side i got a provisional license and a 125 bike so i can get around
d9 hdi 90 rapier estate

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

jamjar1383 wrote:well taking these buggers to court in aug, but it looks like im gonna lose, on the plus side i got a provisional license and a 125 bike so i can get around
This whole thing reads like a horror story! Scary stuff that they could f*ck your life up so badly over an administrative error, most of us rely on our cars for our livelihoods :evil: :evil:

As far as the paper license question goes, I've still got one, it's 22 years old now and it's worn badly from many years of carrying it in my wallet when I was younger, it's so bad that it actually splits into 2 pieces when you unfold it, so I don't carry it anymore. Been considering getting a photocard but I kinda figure why the hell should I pay? Just because I've never moved house and never had any points I'd get financially penalised, it's a bit of a farce! :roll:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

If you do send it off photocopy it. I'm wonder if you could get a solicitor or a copper or someone to say that it is a genuine copy. The very real possibility that DVLA a) has lost any record that you passed your test and b) are quite capable of loosing your current licence might make any money well spent. I know mine is only about 4 years old (my UK address changed) and is ok (after a brief panic when I had to check my motorcycle entitlement was still on it) but this sounds like a very real nightmare, so I reckon anyone that has a licence that's not been updated after 2007 should have copies done, just in case.

Hope you manage to sue tha bastards Jamjar, the fact that it's well known DVLA cocked up a load of records should count in your favour, Even better if you can find some record of when you passed your test (geez, I bet your house is upside-down already :( )
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.