and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

406Break
1.8 16v

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by 406Break »

The smell of burning clutch when pulling uphill... in reverse... :P
Damn...those Noranza 001 held so good... no wheel spin, only clutch burn :D

Had to move the 401 from my "father-in-law's" garage to my own...reasons...
Peugeot 406 Break - 2.0L - 99kW - EW10J4/RFR - BVM5 - VF38ERFRE80937145
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

406Break wrote: Image
THAT is quite possibly the best Photo I've seen on here :D

The colours, the light, I can almost feel the atmosphere, well done :wink:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
trufflehunt
3.0 24v

Post by trufflehunt »

What's the car ?

Looks rather similar to one of the 1940's Humber staff cars.

Duh... 401 :oops:
2006 Toyota Yaris 1.0 T3
1993 Mazda MX5 Mk1 1.6
2000 "W" HDI 110 Executive Saloon (Recycled).
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

It does but I don't think the grill was like that.

Peter
Welly

Post by Welly »

Is that a giant Christmas Pudding just behind (and to the left of) the 406?
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Young Charlie has a broken leg :( I didn't see him all Tuesday morning and, when he didn't come and try and steal my lunch, I went in search. I found him hiding in the loft, gave him a once over and quickly realised his back right leg was just flopping about. Straight to the vet's with him, only to find their x-ray machine was out of order, needing the developer changing. Errr, that seems to be the vet's job, amongst everything else, and she just hasn't got time. Can we come back tomorrow? I was concerned that if the problem was dislocation it should be put back fairly quickly. Plus spend a night with a broken leg? So she recommended us another vet's, one in Zagreb that just does small animals and is run by a guy she has a lot of respect for.

So off to Zagreb we went. It's a well-equipped vet's there, all high tech, so I was expecting English-sized bills. But hey, this is Charlie!

So, into the x-ray room and.... get ready for a surprise!

Our stupid f*cking neighbours have shot him as well. Once again I have a strong urge to go around there with my baseball bat, but I know it wouldn't end well. As my wife points out there is no point in reasoning with them because they really are that stupid. It's illegal but the police won't consider it much of a priority and my wife worries that if we do anything they may do something worse. So I have to swallow my anger once again.

There is no equivalent of the RSPCA here.

Anyway, it was a bit too late in the day so they filled him full of painkillers and sent us home. I wasn't too happy about it but Charlie didn't actually seem to give a toss, he just wanted to go outside and play and he didn't even seem to notice his leg not working. We took him in lunchtime yesterday and I collected him in the evening, together with another couple of x-rays:

He was quite groggy when he got home but today he's back to just wanting to go out and play. His leg is massively bandaged to immobilise it but it' not slowing him down much.

Btw the vets won't remove the pellet if it's not causing problems, they could potentially make things worse. I guess cats don't live long enough to get lead poisoning...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Sickening. :evil:
I would be strongly tempted to give karma some practical assistance
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Jebus Steve :( That's sucks. I would have shot your neighbours there and then. How can the rozzers not be doing anything about this?? Looks intentional. Was the bone breakage a result of the shot?

:evil: :evil:

Glad the mog is on the mend though. Could have been worse.
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

The breakage is the other side, nothing to do with the pellet. There's no obvious wound so it's probably fairly old.

It does make me wonder how he got a broken leg, my first thought was RTA but usually they get head or spine injuries, or crush wounds, so maybe he fell out of a tree. Alternatively he's a very friendly cat, maybe too friendly.

It just wouldn't be any sort of priority to the coppers, they're pretty useless at the best of times.

PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Sounds as though you have a pretty good veterinary system there and hopefully reasonably priced, our animals have cost us a fortune.

Nice looking cat by the way, hope he recovers well.

We lost our two cats earlier in the year, one was a 20 year old moggie and the other a chocolate point Siamese who was nearly 18 within two days of each other. We were looking for a Siamese kitten but they cost more than I pay for a car! But we now have three Siamese type 18 months old we got as a job lot from someone who was moving, we have had them about 3 weeks now and they are settling in nicely.

Peter
Welly

Post by Welly »

Really sorry to hear this Steve, give him a cuddle from me :cheesy:

As for the neighbours - IGNORE AT ALL TIMES.
Cars in my care:
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Siamese... you must be deaf. Or extremely tolerant to incessant yowling noises they make.

We have a Burmese and a Burmilla. Burmese is super cuddly but yowls every waking moment. Burmilla is pretty quiet though, despite being half Burmese.

I hear (geddit?) Tonkenese are just as loud as Siamese being a cross between them and Burmese.
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

We had Tonkenese about 30 years ago before they were an officially registered breed, the lady that bred them was snowed in for quite a long period and couldn't get to the stud cat, she had Siamese and Burmese and let nature take its course.I don't remember whether they were noisy or not but our Chocolate point that we recently lost was extremely vocal, so I know what you mean.

Two of these are Siamese/Ragdoll cross although they look pretty well 100% Siamese, Seal point sort of colouring but they have a very quiet miaow - I am relived to say.

Peter
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Our previous cat was a ginger long-hair Persian. Very good-natured cat, and one of the breed traits is that they are a "people-person" type of cat, with a tendency to latch on to one particular human and be super-clingy to that human. We called him Smeagol, after the creature that eventually became Gollum in the Lord of the Rings, because he was a sneaky little bugger.

But alas, this story comes from toward the end of his life. For the last 2 years of his life, he was stone deaf. Couldn't hear a bloody thing, no matter how loud you shouted. And relatedly, had no idea how loud HE was shouting any more.

So every so often, you'd be standing in the kitchen, making a sandwich, and suddenly you'd hear MMMEEEOOOW, yelled from the top of a surprisingly powerful set of lungs, usually from about 2 feet behind you.

On the plus side, his deafness meant that Mum and Dad were able to let their Roomba vacuum run freely. As far as he was concerned it wasn't a threat, as it didn't make any noise.

Their current cat, an Abyssinian named Marco, will attempt to kill the Roomba as soon as it is switched on. He beats it very hard around the bump-sensor at the front. The Roomba will then stop (assuming it's hit a wall), turn, and then start moving again, shortly after which it will be smacked in the face again. As far as their Roomba is concerned, it lives in a house no bigger than 2 feet by 2 feet.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

All our cats are just mogs, I think there's a fair bit of wild cat in them too.

Thanks guys, Charlie's getting quite a few cuddles just now. He just wants to go outside and play and spends a lot of his waking time crying for us to let him out and take that thing off of his leg

He's in my bedroom, where poorly pussycats usually go, mostly sleeping under the duvet. I don't mind sharing my room but unfortunately he cried on and off all night and kept me awake so I had to move out and am currently camped out on the sofa.

Ignore the neighbours? I wish I could, the problem is, aside from the animal cruelty, they constantly remind me of their presence: From the annoying folk music oozing out of their workshop all summer, to the regular "full alert ape house" noises. They have a row of apple trees along our shared fence and this summer they decided to spray it with insecticide one evening, which also sprayed into our house so I had to rush round and shut the windows. Yesterday evening Mr. Retard was chainsawing down one of the apple trees, no idea what for but I don't think the chainsaw has much in the way of a silencer. They have 3 beehives in their vegetable garden, which should be good but they face towards ours and they seem to have trained them so I regularly get stung, the bees even seem to actively chase me about so I end up spraying them with insecticide.

Btw so far we've paid 180Kn for the first lot of x-rays (20 quid odd) and 2,200Kn (250 quidish) for the surgery and second lot of x.rays. He's still under the vet here for analgesics and antibiotics so it'll be more but not too bad, certainly not how much it'd be in the UK!