Peugeot 206 GLX issue

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

eoin27
The Irish 406 addict

Peugeot 206 GLX issue

Post by eoin27 »

Hi all, I picked up a '99 206 that needs a bit of work yesterday for a few pennies. Hoping to make a bit of cash on it on the other side and have something to do on a saturday morning 8)

I have an issue with the radio/display and CD changer. All three are stone dead and the fuse in the fuse compartment is ok. Im surprised the display is out, I havent a clue how to attack that problem. Any suggestions? Here is the NCT (MOT) report details

Head Lamp Condition (Dipp beam) Not working (Fail)
Rear lamps and registration plate lamps (Rear lamp visibility) Not working (Fail)
Doors/Locks - do not operate properly Fail
Rear view mirror, mouting - insecure (Fail)
Master cylinder, load and brake proport valves - defective/sticking (Fail)
Brake lines/Hoses - condition (Fail)
Aux. lamp condition, fog lamp mounting - insecure (Fail)
Windscreen wiper blades and washers - (Fail)

*edit. Its got some serious spec too for a 206. 1.4, Leather, sunroof, A/C and its a black 3dr model so it looks well too!
2000 D9 Coupé 2.0 SE EW10J4 Scarlet Red - 5 litres of oil gone in 500 miles!!! Time for a new coupe me thinks
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: Peugeot 206 GLX issue

Post by FarmerPug »

have you checked the wires at the back of the radio, in some cases it can be loose, or the earth is not connected correctly.
As for the fuse check all of them, my mfd went once and it wasnt the fuse i seen in the book.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

have you checked the wires at the back of the radio, in some cases it can be loose, or the earth is not connected correctly.
As for the fuse check all of them, my mfd went once and it wasnt the fuse i seen in the book.
eoin27
The Irish 406 addict

Post by eoin27 »

Ya i only brought it home last night and gave it a quick spin. Needs new spark plugs etc, not too pleasurable to drive.

I'll get a chance to give it a good look over tonight.
2000 D9 Coupé 2.0 SE EW10J4 Scarlet Red - 5 litres of oil gone in 500 miles!!! Time for a new coupe me thinks
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Also, pull out the head unit - some of them have a fuse on the back of the HU as well as a fuse in the fuse box.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

Xantia radio had a fuse at the back.
Though if headlights etc. are all blown, may be a dodgy fusebox. Last time I picked one up the scrapyard was £25 for an Orion.
Worst comes to the worst when you are looking to move it on, I can send you a tape player RDS FM radio out of a Honda. :)
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
eoin27
The Irish 406 addict

Post by eoin27 »

Update, I took the display apart and the fecker has a little chip that disintergrated in my hand from being overheated. I'll source one from the scrappy.

The plugs were changed and I've the same issue. Im gonna put in a new fuel filter later and then change the oil. Im hoping that will give me a good result. I think the fuel may be dirty as the car was standing for ages. Here is what I have done and yet to do

What I did:
New Battery,
Rocker Gasket,
Replaced Remote Battery and reset BSI procedure
Air Filter
Wipers
Replaced 4 exterior bulbs and various dash bulbs
re-assembled CD changer
Pushed out dent to satisfaction to allow operation of door handle and window

To do:
Fuel Filter,
Oil & filter
Fix Seat
Replace display
Screw mirror into correct fixed position
Recode Radio
Fixed Fog Lamp mount
Tighten Brake hose
Valet (to my standard 8) )

Any tips on fixing the freely sliding seat are appreciated. Also any further tips on the hesitation in acceleration are appreciated. I noticed that it only hesitates when I plant the foot. If I coax the pedal, it gets to speed no problem.
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

What hesitation is occuring?

On the 406 it hated 1500rpm, turned out to be a switch on the clutch pedal that needed replaced, and was cutting fuel.
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
eoin27
The Irish 406 addict

Post by eoin27 »

Dont think thats my issue. this car will rise all the way through the revs no issue when I ease the throttle, but when I plant the foot down at any point, it doesnt kick in. Like its getting too much fuel or something.

**edit** Im starting to think it could be the map sensor. I'll try give that a clean later.