Warning : Brake Cleaner = Phosgene Gas

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

lozz
3.0 24v

Re: Warning : Brake Cleaner = Phosgene Gas

Post by lozz »

Ionly use Brake cleaner for Starting Deisel Engines,

It apears to be better than Damp start,
iuse it on A lazy Transit iuse sometimes, iwouidnt put it anywhere near the puggy tho :oops:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

There Are plenty car products on the Market that people dont know how Deadly they Are,

only The blind wouid take Notice as some Cans Have Brail on,
How many people Can Actualy Admit to Reading the instructions on the cans or the Dangers ?

Iknow That Wd-Fortee .. can kill adog instantly if it inhales just abit of the stuff so what Effect couid that have on a Human ?
Ibet there loads of stuff out there Thats lethal,
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

lozz wrote:There Are plenty car products on the Market that people dont know how Deadly they Are,

How many people Can Actualy Admit to Reading the instructions on the cans or the Dangers ?

Iknow That Wd-Fortee .. can kill adog instantly if it inhales just abit of the stuff so what Effect couid that have on a Human ?
Pub in Bridgend who put a thin layer of WD40 on all the bathroom surfaces, toilet seats etc the llot! They had an issue with peopl Snorting Coke in the bathrooms. The WD40 would give them nosebleeds, the bouncers could see who'd been doing it and chuck them out.
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Bailes1992 wrote:
lozz wrote:There Are plenty car products on the Market that people dont know how Deadly they Are,

Pub in Bridgend who put a thin layer of WD40 on all the bathroom surfaces, toilet seats etc the llot! They had an issue with peopl Snorting Coke in the bathrooms. The WD40 would give them nosebleeds, the bouncers could see who'd been doing it and chuck them out.
Id like to say that serves them right but that wouid be Nasty, :roll:
Fair-enough they shouidnt be doing it in there in the first place but In the End they couid be the one Killing someone and Not the Drugs,
They shouid just catch the Stupid idiots And Eject Them straight off The Presmises,

There All Shuvin Dib-Dab up There Noses Nowadays in clubs/pubs There mental,
Archangel
2.0 Turbo

Post by Archangel »

Hydrogen Sulphide (bad eggs smell) destroys your sense of smell then asphixiates you (learned that at Shell refinery safety induction minute [parts per million] if you get the first whiff , hold breath and go up nearest ladder as its heavier than air ) safety man quote " if your mate drops ,dont check him , go up nearest ladder because he`s probaly a gonner already ) I was working on the H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide) plant at the time ! loads of detectors everywhere and ladders !
Replacement !
1998 2.1 TD LX Estate Red 196,000 TURBO DIESEL XUD11BTE "Alice " 200 k just hit yesterday 17/2/2012 not bio yet , smooth box , lovely runner

1997 1.9 TD GLX Estate Black XUD9TE " Norma " now sold
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

If I'm remembering my chemistry lessons from 30 years ago right, hydrogen sulphide reacts with the water content of your lungs to form sulphuric acid.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

i didnt know that about wd and dogs, and to think he sleeps in the shed all the time where it gets used.
As for reading the can, well it the bog read very good.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

:?

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

what was that farmer pug eejit on about?
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Who mentioned dogs? And what does that last bit mean? Do we get subtitles? :shock:

DiscoPol
Shiny New C5 2.2 Bi-turbo!

Post by DiscoPol »

Bailes1992 wrote: Pub in Bridgend who put a thin layer of WD40 on all the bathroom surfaces, toilet seats etc the llot! They had an issue with peopl Snorting Coke in the bathrooms. The WD40 would give them nosebleeds, the bouncers could see who'd been doing it and chuck them out.
As Ex-Doorstaff i can assure you the WD isnt there to cause nosebleeds its there as its a bitch to cut and chop out your lines on a surface that has an oily residue on it, the nosebleeds are just a happy coincidence, remember even crap coke aint cheap so when you lose a few lines worth to the WD covered surfaces it deters you from trying again in that venue,

another happy coincidence is that the doorstaff have a legitimate excuse for having the small handy sized cans of WD in their pockets if stopped and searched by the local plod whilst on duty and that stuff is better than CS or Pepper spray in the eyes if things all get bit hairy on the doors :wink:

Not that i would ever condone such practices you understand, i always found the 4 cell maglite more than adequate as a legitimate "equaliser" to carry about in the Cromby inside pocket, snip the stitching at one corner of the pocket and it just slips down a treat leaving just the torch head there for quick removal to "search those unlit areas" of any club.
Welly wrote:Well butter my arse!
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

lozz wrote: Iknow That Wd-Fortee .. can kill adog instantly if it inhales just abit of the stuff so what Effect couid that have on a Human ?
thats who mentioned the dogs, the second bit i dont understand. so heres another important danger anyone working on a hdi or fuel injected car needs to watch:

Fuel injection introduces potential hazards in engine maintenance due to the high fuel pressures used. Residual pressure can remain in the fuel lines long after an injection-equipped engine has been shut down. This residual pressure must be relieved, and if it is done so by external bleed-off, the fuel must be safely contained. If a high-pressure diesel fuel injector is removed from its seat and operated in open air, there is a risk to the operator of injury by hypodermic jet-injection, even with only 100 psi (6.9 bar) pressure. The first known such injury occurred in 1937 during a diesel engine maintenance operation.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Wow Disco, interesting bit of street-info - I am now just that little bit cool as a result 8)

I imagine your students do EXACTLY as you say :shock:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
DiscoPol
Shiny New C5 2.2 Bi-turbo!

Post by DiscoPol »

I have a can of WD in the side pocket of the Disco at all times, sadly nowadays its there because i drive a landy :oops:
Welly wrote:Well butter my arse!
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Can of WD40 + fag lighter = instant flame thrower :twisted: (don't try this at home kiddies :P )