508 D9

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: 508 D9

Post by Doggy »

rwb wrote:Completely agree with doggy about the abysmal options for diesel manual.
DW12/ML6C FTW

407 SW's are starting to look a bit better........
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Have big petrols in mainstream cars become extinct, other than the german stuff there are no family saloons that offer a v6 anymore?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Oops, wrong thread :oops:
Doggy wrote:407 SW's are starting to look a bit better........
Shame about the boot...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
KozmoNaut
2.0 Turbo

Post by KozmoNaut »

FarmerPug wrote:Have big petrols in mainstream cars become extinct, other than the german stuff there are no family saloons that offer a v6 anymore?
Yes, mostly for emissions reasons.

In PSA's case, they cater a lot to the business leasing and company car market, and by far the largest amount of 407s, 607s and 508s are leased company take-home cars, whatever you want to call them. This is all focused on economy and resale value, which means 2.0 diesels and black/grey paint. On the other hand, the German car makers have more enthusiast customers, who are willing to pay the emission taxes and fuel costs of driving big V6s and V8s.

The 2.2 petrol in my 406 gets 32mpg according to the spec sheet. The 1.6 turbo petrol in the 508 has roughly the same power (156hp), 23nm more torque at lower revs, while getting 45,5mpg according to the spec sheet. But that's the most powerful petrol engine you get. I wish they would have put a 200hp 2.0 turbo in there as well, but the leasing world demands diesels.
2000 406 TS4 2.2 saloon
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

rapport25 wrote:The Golf is my first brand new car.
I'm afraid I'd never buy a brand new car, mainly because of the hellish depreciation they undergo the moment you drive them out of the showroom. I guess I'd never pay that much money for a car anyway because I squeak when I walk...

My brother bought a new Bora, tdi 150, leather, etc. etc. After a couple of months he drove it out here - it didn't make it :roll: It blew a hose in the middle of Germany (of all places) but on the Saturday at the start of a bank holiday, so he was stuck there until the Tuesday. He's not long chopped it in for an almost new Passat, TDi, stuck door, dodgy handbrake...
rapport25 wrote:As fot the X- Trail
I looked at one of them when I bought the yoyo, I was already thoroughly disillusioned with Japanese cars after that stupid Navara thing but nobody else seems to make "softroaders" the right size for the Mrs. 2.5 petrol auto, all the toys including searchlights on the roof. only a couple of years old but It was cheap because nobody wants a thirsty petrol. And the verdict was.... "it's too big!" and that was the end of that one :roll:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.