Peugeot offically the worst company ever

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Andreus84
1.8 8v

Peugeot offically the worst company ever

Post by Andreus84 »

Ok guys i have decided that as the Subject says Peugeot are offically the worst company ever.

Just before Christmas my Car sprung a leak in the main pipe (the lovely metal one) which runs from the radiator - back of the engine, So i took the car to the garage immediatly who confirmed it would not be repairable and a new one would have to be fitted.

So i left the car with him.

Garage rings up local Pug dealer and asks for part who confirmed that their was not a single replacement part in the whole of europe but they would order me one which will be in early january.

Another call later and it is going to be mid january.......
Another call its going to be late january
Another call feb 1st
Another call feb 15th

So i am not in much hope of this part ever being produced!!, Pug reckon that they won't make the bit untill they have sufficient orders for it.

What this means to me is in the first part i had to take the bike to work in the wind and rain and freezing cold - and it does get cold on a 60mile round trip (plus i'm a fair weather rider)

Now i have bought a tempory car in a banged up hyundai lantra.

So due to Pug thinking i am not important enough to make me a bit it has cost me Over a months insurance on a car i can't drive, £600 to buy a new car + £35 a month insurance, its costing me £1 a day for the garage to hold my car.

I have had the garage do a couple of niggly bits on the car while its been in tho which is i think the only positive from this.

Good ol Peugeot!!
If ignorance is Bliss then why isn't the world a happier place?
puggy
Resident Pervert

Re: Peugeot offically the worst company ever

Post by puggy »

whilst i agree peugeot are pains in the ass when it comes to spare parts,labour costs ,
aww fook it everything, could you not have got a secondhand spare to last you till the new one arrives
or was the car not able to be moved to do this ,just seems like it would have saved some money says he
who last year paid 300 to have 2 a/c pipes fitted at main stealers and re gassed and is not working again :shock:
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Ya beat me to it Puggy :lol:

I sympathise with you on the bike front, especially the rain we've been having! It's when you get that first trickle of rain that's found a gap through your waterproofs and slowly starts soaking you :lol:
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
Andreus84
1.8 8v

Post by Andreus84 »

I went to our local Pug breakers who could supply a second hand bit but mentioned if i were to put a second hand one on then i was very likely to blow the head gaskett, due to the worn seals and links on the pipes.

I just sent my rant to Pug about this to see what they say.

But as a positive my electric seats should be working when i get it back, along with the heated part of it.
Also the air circulation motor will work so it won't buzz from my glovebox or steam up my car anymore!!

P.s the sympathy should not come from the bike, it should be for me having to drive around in a hyundai lantra
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Andreus84 wrote:P.s the sympathy should not come from the bike, it should be for me having to drive around in a hyundai lantra
I think I'd rather drive a hyundai lantra than ride in snow :wink:
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Andreus84 wrote:I went to our local Pug breakers who could supply a second hand bit but mentioned if i were to put a second hand one on then i was very likely to blow the head gaskett, due to the worn seals and links on the pipes.
But a new one won't? :? Sorry, bit confused here. Were there seals and stuff on the old one that went?

That is indeed very shabby but just wait for the days when they say "sorry sir but that part is no longer available".
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

or weld it :lol:
even cheaper
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
Andreus84
1.8 8v

Post by Andreus84 »

Its one of those bits that come with all new seals and link pipes and if you put old ones on it is likely to blow the head, this is the words of the guys @ the breakers - east anglian pug centre
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Sounds a bit dubious to me but they smash them to bits all the time so maybe they've got a better idea...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

Andreus84 wrote:Its one of those bits that come with all new seals and link pipes and if you put old ones on it is likely to blow the head, this is the words of the guys @ the breakers - east anglian pug centre
pure rubbish, never heard such utter crap ever
i have fitted used radiators, hoses etc without any problems ever
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
Andreus84
1.8 8v

Post by Andreus84 »

I get the car back tomorrow!!
Still not fixed the air cirlualtion motor as i've been told by pug the bit i need is the solinoid which is 175quid :(