SMASH!

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

lozz
3.0 24v

Re: SMASH!

Post by lozz »

everyone gets landed with a lemon at some stage, :(
if they say they dont then they are a liar,

ive been landed with a few, we learn from it and move on,

at least your honest about it,
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

lozz wrote:everyone gets landed with a lemon at some stage, :(
if they say they dont then they are a liar,

ive been landed with a few, we learn from it and move on,

at least your honest about it,
Absolutely... I can quite happily hold my head up and say this is the first Lemon I have bought.

I already have my 306 breaker friend interested in buying it off of me. Waiting for the logbook and then it's going.
I know Miss Pug also had her problems but good god, nothing compared to this. She went through the last MOT failing on only one item, I know for sure even if I did all that this car needed, it WOULD fail on something. It is just one of those cars.

In its present condition, how much is it worth Lozz as spares repairs? Any ideas?
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Hard to say what its worth to be totaly truthfull,

All said and done acar is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it,
just sit and wait and take the highest offer.

you might get a good response off scumtree, fingers crossed eh, :wink:
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

lozz wrote:Hard to say what its worth to be totaly truthfull,

All said and done acar is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it,
just sit and wait and take the highest offer.

you might get a good response off scumtree, fingers crossed eh, :wink:
If I said £300, do you think that's too much?
Fingers definitely crossed ;)
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Nah you should easy get £300 for it, probably more if it runs ok with the leather & the bodyworks good bar the tailgate isn't it?
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

dirtydirtydiesel wrote:Nah you should easy get £300 for it, probably more if it runs ok with the leather & the bodyworks good bar the tailgate isn't it?

It's in worse condition than Miss Pug, deep scratches all over and the drivers leather seat has the controls nearly falling out... so I guess £300 is a good price to ask!
Engine oil due a change, timing belts due this year, otherwise still runs quite sweet, though did wonder about the idle control valve as it seemed to lose revs when coming to a stop when cold... :)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

As isaid earlier, (igo on and on and on dont i :oops: )

ask for more than you want for it,
Beleive me there is loads and loads of Chancers out there and they will try there luck,
they will want it for as least as possible,

just wait while Mr tyre kicker comes, ive had my fair share of them, :(
what is it with kicking tyres ffs, its the tread they shouid be looking at, :? :lol:
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

lozz wrote:As isaid earlier, (igo on and on and on dont i :oops: )

Beleive me there is loads and loads of Chancers out there and they will try there luck,

what is it with kicking tyres ffs, its the tread they shouid be looking at, :? :lol:

Ha ha I agree :lol:
At least if I do manage £300 that's the exhaust money back.. :)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

isold a car a few months back on scumtree,

it was a none runner, (dropped a valve )
someone turned up had alook round it one of the questions was does the aircon work :?
the engine is S*agged and the punter was more botherd about aircon, :?

but ah well he went away with it, not heard anything since perhaps hes still sat in it waiting for air-con to come on, :o
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Sonia406 wrote:
lozz wrote:As isaid earlier, (igo on and on and on dont i :oops: )

Ha ha I agree :lol:
At least if I do manage £300 that's the exhaust money back.. :)
good luck :wink:

Btw. you have pm, ihope it is an interesting read and cheers you up a bit, :supafrisk:
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

:lol:
I just have a picture now of that person sat in the car waiting for the air con to work.. :lol:
I admit, it's not a question I usually ask :lol:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Sonia406 wrote::lol:
I just have a picture now of that person sat in the car waiting for the air con to work.. :lol:
I admit, it's not a question I usually ask :lol:

:cheesy:
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

My turn.

Yes, you DO get lemons. I mentioned this a thousand times but my Honda Accord was a particularly sour one. It was 3 years old with 88k miles on the clock (Sam's favourite) and in my short 9 month stint in it, there was never a time when there wasn't something wrong with it. It had more things going wrong, costing more to fix than ALL of my other cars combined. Thankfully most stuff was sorted under warranty but they wouldn't touch a failed turbo, which would have cost £2000 to fix. Wrote it off on insurance but it's still on the road... with probably just as many issues.

Sonia's situation is tricky because the issues in the Pugster are mostly service items as you'd expect at that age and mileage. To replace the clutch and flywheel on that would cost close to what the car cost in the first place, even though life *could* be extended by reverting back to original map. Probably near the end of its life anyway and uneconomical to replace along with the near-stalling issues, which may or may not be related to a knackered flywheel. Coupled with worn brakes and the smashed tailgate... hmm....

When my clutch was slipping, it only did it with a remapped file under the heaviest of accelerations and never with the original map. I had it replaced anyway as there were odd vibrations when booting it (flywheel) and I was going to keep the car for a while, also knowing that when it did come to sale time, it would be a great bargaining chip. When I finally sold the car a few months ago, the clutch and flywheel were only a year old having covered 20k miles. Considering the original combo lasted to over 140k miles (80k of which in my possession), it will probably outlast the rest of the car.
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Captain Jack wrote:My turn.

Yes, you DO get lemons. I mentioned this a thousand times but my Honda Accord was a particularly sour one. It was 3 years old with 88k miles on the clock (Sam's favourite) and in my short 9 month stint in it, there was never a time when there wasn't something wrong with it. It had more things going wrong, costing more to fix than ALL of my other cars combined. Thankfully most stuff was sorted under warranty but they wouldn't touch a failed turbo, which would have cost £2000 to fix. Wrote it off on insurance but it's still on the road... with probably just as many issues.

Sonia's situation is tricky because the issues in the Pugster are mostly service items as you'd expect at that age and mileage. To replace the clutch and flywheel on that would cost close to what the car cost in the first place, even though life *could* be extended by reverting back to original map. Probably near the end of its life anyway and uneconomical to replace along with the near-stalling issues, which may or may not be related to a knackered flywheel. Coupled with worn brakes and the smashed tailgate... hmm....

When my clutch was slipping, it only did it with a remapped file under the heaviest of accelerations and never with the original map. I had it replaced anyway as there were odd vibrations when booting it (flywheel) and I was going to keep the car for a while, also knowing that when it did come to sale time, it would be a great bargaining chip. When I finally sold the car a few months ago, the clutch and flywheel were only a year old having covered 20k miles. Considering the original combo lasted to over 140k miles (80k of which in my possession), it will probably outlast the rest of the car.

Thanks CJ :)

Finally some ones listening and not stupid ;)
grasmere59
3.0 24v

Post by grasmere59 »

2011 "11" Mondeo TXS est 200ps in Grey
2003 "53" 110 hdi Executive Estate in Diablo Red
2001 "51" BMW 530i sport in Black
2012 "62" Yamaha XT1200
1974 "M" Honda CB500/4
1994 "M" Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
1998 "S" Honda XRV 750