Auxillary to mp3 player connector

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

mjb
Site Admin

Re: Auxillary to mp3 player connector

Post by mjb »

averagejo wrote:
mjb wrote:If the car didn't come with a CD changer, it won't let you use one (or anything connected to the changer socket) until you get the BSI reconfigured by a dealer to tell it you now have a changer
how does the bsi manage to control the changer through the stereo? are the dealers usually ok about changing the bsi or are they asking stupid money?
The BSI tells the stereo there's no changer. The stereo disables any changer functionality
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
averagejo
2.0 16v

Post by averagejo »

got it fitted and even though servicebox listed no changer it works a treat :cheesy:
406 GLX D9 2001 2.0l 16v EW10J4
wiggybum
1.6 8v

Post by wiggybum »

Through the help from this site: http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.a ... linein.htm

I have managed to get my 1996 Exec to play MP3. These older D8 cars cannot use the Connects2 box. I had to chop the wires at the head unit end 8, 9 and 10 from the CD changer loom and solder on 3 wires to a 3.5mm jack. This is much esier to do when you take the 12" long mini loom out of the car (connector sits under the ashtray). You still need a CD in the changer for it to operate from the head unit but the audio comes out crystal clear. I'm using a Garmin ZUMO 550 sat nav as it holds my MP3 music and connects my phone handsfree all in one. Hence only one connection is needed. The ZUMO is actually meant for the motorbike but can be swapped between car and bike easily.

Hope this helps fellas....

"Finished with Main Engines and Steering...."
tonyp2020
1.6 8v

Post by tonyp2020 »

Nice work.
2003 406 90HDI Saloon in Silver.
Zweistein

Post by Zweistein »

Hello everybody and happy holidays!

I know this post is a few months old, but I am posting here because my question is directly related.
djhealth: did you say you bought the Connects2 unit (CTVPGX010, link http://www.connects2.com/c2search.aspx? ... &modID=577) or the ICD unit (PUGX1, link http://www.incaripod.com/Vehicle/Peugeo ... _Interface)?

I bought the latter and am wondering about its installation.
Did you remove the battery negative terminal before the installation? Did you need to enter your radio code?

Thanks!
seasonshu
1.6 8v

Post by seasonshu »

The post is now a few years old :lol:

For the record: I bought a CTVPGX010 for my 12/2000 registered PUG406. Head unit is a Clarion PU-2184A. It was really plug and play, no need to remove the negative terminals nor the fuse and there was no need to enter the radio code! Working brilliant!
2000 LX Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp: 8ERHZE, DYFV. 123k MILES IN GREYISH BLUE. New Clutch, Timing Belt & Waterpump @ 118k.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

I know it's a bit old this thread but, it there any connects2 that accepts SD cards or USB for the 406 ? Because using the 3,5mm jack i would need a mp3 player like mobile phone to play the music, but this is frustrating because i would need to charge my mobile phone every day or at every 12h or keeping it charging at the cigar lighter socket... i think you know what i mean.

Currently i have a Zippy Fm transmitter that works actually very well.. i was buying some rip-off transmitters from the chinese stores around and they all sucked, then i found this one at a reputable store that is placed in a lot of citys in portugal...

But the connects2 should perform better i think ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
seasonshu
1.6 8v

Post by seasonshu »

Rayne.. do you need this one: CTAPGUSB010 ? It's a bit dearer though. (£60-70)

Connectivity Options
USB Port, SD Card Slot and 3.5mm Jack for AUX input.

I primarily wanted to use my phone to play the music from, I don't mind plugging the charger in, because I need to plug the jack in, anyway.. Yes, a bluetooth one would have been even better. But, I didn't want to spend a lot of money. Therefore I bought the CTVPGX010 for £30 and will put a 12v socket under the console (once the solder arrives, finally..). As a further extension I am considering buying a TrailBlaizer later:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/trailblazer- ... p23122.htm

It is although another 30 quid but has aux IN/aux out/bluetooth and even fm trasmitter (which I won't need to use). Therefore I could plug it into the 12v socket between the seats, have the 3.5mm jack connect it to Connects2 and the phone could connect to it using bluetooth (from my pocket). I am not sure how good the quality will be over bluetooth and I also read reports that plugging anything into that socket will be hit when changing gears, etc. But, the controls (e.g. next track) would be within reach.

If you choose to go down this route, let us know how it performs!
2000 LX Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp: 8ERHZE, DYFV. 123k MILES IN GREYISH BLUE. New Clutch, Timing Belt & Waterpump @ 118k.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

They all say for 2002 onwards . Mine is from 2000, but does have CD changer in boot ...
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
seasonshu
1.6 8v

Post by seasonshu »

No bother, mine is also first registered 12/2000, like I said above. I didn't even have a cd changer. I just plugged it in and it was recognized. If looking from behind, if you have a plug on the upper right corner, that's the one for the cd changer (or the Connects2). The right hand side of it has 8 pins in 3-2-3 setup (as far as I recall), you'll be fine.