swapping sat nav units + cleaning them

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

andyturner

Re: swapping sat nav units + cleaning them

Post by andyturner »

Ok, then I will go back to persue the display and stalker adaptor at least to integrate as much as possible with the car.

I found this adaptor that should go with Sony BT5000, 'CTDPGS002', but I would prefere a Pioneer HU - just havn't found the OEM display and Stalker interface for that yet.

Do you know of a good thread carrying out a complete aftermarket audio install?

I would primarily be concerned with having good sound in front with new speakers, new amp, and then maybe some sub/ or bass friendly 6x9 for the back(don't want the music to come primarily from the behind). Do you know of a good setup, that isn't distroying the car.

Cheers, Andy
diesel406
1.8 16v

Post by diesel406 »

Thanks for all the great advice chaps! Very Useful and I have a CD cleaner on order as my 1st (and cheapest) action to see if I can get my Sat Nav back to life! :cheesy:
Engineer by day - Car mechanic by night - there is a difference!
Now gone to the German Dark Side!!!
At work: http://www.fatigue-expert.com and http://www.xanthusenergy.com
vinpug

Post by vinpug »

Hi, ive just tried the de bugg bit on my 110hdi se but it doesnt work, is there something im not doing right?. The reason i want to try is because i changed the display and now my cd player isnt recognised!. Any ideas welcomed,
Cheer's Neil
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

Now I've got to admit this is sort of a hijack, but it's related.

If anyone is interested, I've got a working sat nav unit that I don't need anymore, £45 posted if anyone's interested.
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
peo
1.8 16v

Post by peo »

I'm interested in sat nav display and nav reader... I want to mount these items in my 406.
Peugeot 406 HDI SR Pack Fase II 2004 with Brembo calipers and strut force
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

this is an old thread brought back. I have a spare sat nav drive, dont know if it works, hastnt got a cd in it but it lights up. Its on ebay at the moment.
As for the display, im waiting on one, its taking time. The rest of the components relay, gps antenna, and remote can at times be tricky to get but some sellers do offer the lot.
Floodys
2.0 16v

Post by Floodys »

Interesting read this, i have anew 406 that has only done 100k, its a D9 gtx? With sat nav, it works fine as it got me to centreparcs at weekend! Couple of questions, the debug screen, will it do anything if its working fine? I.e update to the latest roads etc? Also, silly question butbit wouldnt restore the "lines" on the screen would it?
And finally, do peugeot do the latest discs, say 2011 with new roads, and maybe where you can put in postcodes instead of full address? Cheers!
406 '01 110 GTX estate in white, the new tow car.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

the last update i understand was 2007 and there is no plans for a newer one.
The lines, what is this product you are talking about. I dont think the display is fixable not economically at least.
Floodys
2.0 16v

Post by Floodys »

So to get update, is it new disc or would the debug screen talked about earlier on work? When i was coming home over weekend i was going down a road that wasnt built in 2001! Thought if i were to update somehow it may be there! Not overly fussed as got other sat navs but nice when its built in to use it!
406 '01 110 GTX estate in white, the new tow car.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

I like your thinking about the built in thats why i want to get mine working.
I think you need a new cd, the sat nav system hasnt actually got any sort of connection to download stuff.