Sat Nav Disc

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

raptordude

Re: Sat Nav Disc

Post by raptordude »

Right , disc arrived today, got home from work very excitedly inserted the disc and......................IT WORKS!!!! WOOHOO :D :cheesy: :D :cheesy: 8) thank you so much dai, you are a gem. Have now popped the disc into an envelope and will post on to steveleyland tomoro, spread the joy!! Thanks again dai.
Andy.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Cheers Raptor, glad to hear it worked out OK. Just hope Steve has the same good luck now. 8)
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
steveleyland
1.8 16v

Post by steveleyland »

Not as much as i do hehehe

Steve :) :)
steveleyland
1.8 16v

Post by steveleyland »

:cry: :cry: poo got disc today all exited tried it - disc unreadable boo hoo took unit out and cleaned it again put disc in first time lights stayed on instaed of flashing then .... disc unreadable.

sh*t must be unit, went to stealer wanted £900 for another, not having that seen some on tebay but can you just replace (like an ordinary car) or is it a stealer thing to program different unit to work anyone know ??

looks like it tom tom city for me otherwise

but thanks anyway guys for the evaluation disk and glad it worked for you Raptor.

Steve :(
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Pisser!

Dunno whether they just swap over with another one. Did you manage to get right into the lens when you cleaned it?
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
steveleyland
1.8 16v

Post by steveleyland »

Hi Dairees think so i went in further this time undid lifted the sticky tab up that keeps the top in situ and gave it a another clean with clean cotton buds, had six of them grubby so thought yhat would sort it... pisser suppose need to try different unit but obviously would not want to risk fecking someones unit up @ £900 to replace if they can be be plugged and play then fair enough may try to meet someone willing to donate for ten minutes but if its a programming job guess thats out of the question.

Also puts kybosh on getting a replacement from tebay esp if programming is anything like for a key @ £150 from a stealer

will get your disc back to you on monday mate if you will pm me your address and thanks again

Steve
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

You could always ask the dealers (and if they say they can't do anything without seeing the car ask another), maybe it wouldn't be so steep to set it up.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Right Steveyboy, maybe I can help you and one of our satnav machine cleaning experts can help me at the same time. When I took the lid off mine the other day I was dissapointed to discover that all the workey bits are held within another box inside the main unit. Now the lid of that box is held on by 4 screws, but you can see various springs and mouldings hooked and latched onto it, so I feared that removal of the top would leave me with a pile of parts that I'd never be able to get back together. To avoid this I just undid the back 2 screws (I've circled them in red) and lifted the top up enough to get a cotton bud soaked in surgical spirit in there to reach the lens (which is approx under the red arrow). Hope that helps you Steve, and my question to the other dudes is, is there a better (easier, more thorough) way of getting to the lens??
Last edited by DaiRees on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Pop it in the washing machine? :cheesy:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
steveleyland
1.8 16v

Post by steveleyland »

hi guys had it stripped down a little bit further took off the top plate four little screws and eased the sticky off and you can get to the lens easily cleaned all again but no joy.
exec406
2.0 16v

Post by exec406 »

Exactly what I need to do to hopefully fix my 'navigation disc unreadable message'
2003, '03' 406 Executive 2.2hdi 136.
V6Exec
3.0 24v

Post by V6Exec »

Worth adding that if the clean up does not work, then with a bit more of a strip down you can adjust the laser.

After a bit of tweaking mine is working rather well.
Remember - it only takes a few inches of water to drown a 406 don't make the same mistake I made! The V6 Exec is no more.

406 Coupe S HDi

PP2000 clone interface
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

exec406 wrote:Exactly what I need to do to hopefully fix my 'navigation disc unreadable message'
+1 :cry:
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
pepro
1.6 8v

Post by pepro »

from a newbie there are a few guys who have removed sat nav units neil davies has the secret I am trying to remove mine from 2002 coupe have all bolts and trim out but unit will not come out,seems stuck/rigid at the rear help please
V6Exec
3.0 24v

Post by V6Exec »

Mine came out easily - it is a slot in unit just like a dash mounted radio - use some radio pins and it will come out fine.
Remember - it only takes a few inches of water to drown a 406 don't make the same mistake I made! The V6 Exec is no more.

406 Coupe S HDi

PP2000 clone interface