HELP! fitting flip screen unit into dash

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

Ga73
1.8 8v

HELP! fitting flip screen unit into dash

Post by Ga73 »

Hi all,

Need some help, i have a regular din sized unit with a flip screen but having problems finding a facia adaptor as the Autolead ones mount the radio at an angle which means the screen wont open properly.

Does anyone know of a supplier that has a facia adaptor that will mount the stereo flat or any other ideas??

Thanks

Gary
mbell666
3.0 24v

Re: HELP! fitting flip screen unit into dash

Post by mbell666 »

I think you might struggle. the radio slot in the 406 is at a angle, so all the facia will have to be.

If you look at the standard radio its the same size as a normal radio with a big front added.
1997 Honda Prelude 2.2 VTi
Previously - 1999 406 Executive HDI
nixesteve
1.8 8v

Post by nixesteve »

I have the same problem!

I bought a facia off ebay then realised its angled so wont work!. Iv put a similar post on here but no lukc yet. Im thinking of modifying the aftermarket facia so the unit sits out about 1inch from the rest of trim. Just trying to decide what materials to use etc.

If you get any news let me no lol im dying to get the unit in!

Regards
Steve
[email protected]
nixesteve
1.8 8v

Post by nixesteve »

just had a few thoughts and plans which may help.

firstly get the 99p facia from ebay, then simply measure how far the stereo needs to stand out of this facia to operate and sit in the car.

Then (out of car) place the stereo cage into facia at the position you want the stereo to sit in, Using flexi silicone go round the edge to hold in place. use plenty and dont worry about it being neat.

Then fill front of facia around cage with expanding foam, sand down to shape desired and spray colour of choice.

This sounds mad at the minute but i will upload pictures to show what i mean.

Note that this will mean the cage is permanantly attached to that facia. But they are only £1-£2 new from ebay so happy to leave it in the car when moving stereo.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

if neatness doent matter, rip out the mfd, the climate control is all wires so it can be moved about as far as the wires go, so move it up a bit, straighten out the angle of the stereo, and get plates cut to suit the blank spaces left behind.