amp power cables - from bonnet to boot?

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

TurboDave
1.6 8v

amp power cables - from bonnet to boot?

Post by TurboDave »

Did have a 206, finally got my 406, trying to fit few things, sub being one of them, got everything running nicely under the carpet to the boot (pre-outs, remote lead etc) but;

Power cable. Where, how? Simply put, i spent about an hour faffing around witha torch trying to find a damn hole and couldn't, any pointers?

Also, where do most of you earth your amps in the boot?

Cheers people,

Dave
nipper76
2.0 16v

Re: amp power cables - from bonnet to boot?

Post by nipper76 »

Right m8y... just looked at ya query, and after trying to remember where my power lead gose, it started buggin me, so i went and had a look.

Ive got the 2.1TD, so sorry if it isnt the same for you, i.e differnt layouts BUT...

My POWER lead, gose through a Rubber Bung Under The Servoon the passengers side. you will have to strip back you carpet and access it from the inside.

My earth lead.... i took a bolt out of one of the back seat mounts, Scratched the surface underneath with a screwdrive to take it doen to metel and poked my lead under the bracket. but then i have a very short ground lead :( but it works :)

hope this helps...
Enjoy The boot Rattle lol
If Itz Got TiTz or Tyres, Itz a Pain in The Arse
TurboDave
1.6 8v

Post by TurboDave »

Cheers mate will get back to you after I find time to do it (power steering pump went today) not sure what made it go but it most definately has, trying to drive home was so horrible, not used to no power steering.

And as for boot rattle, i'd be surprised if it was worse than on my 206. :)
nipper76
2.0 16v

Post by nipper76 »

If Itz Got TiTz or Tyres, Itz a Pain in The Arse
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

It's a funny thing the Knowledge Base.... it actually has some knowledge in there, not that anyone would know ! ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How To Here
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Andreus84
1.8 8v

Post by Andreus84 »

I gave up trying to be clever and ran it down the wing :?
If ignorance is Bliss then why isn't the world a happier place?
TurboDave
1.6 8v

Post by TurboDave »

k did this whilst mechanic was servicing the car, as you look at the bonnet from infront of the car, looking down towards the boot, on the right hand side , by the front left wheel there is a gromet going right into the car - hardest part was running the cables down behind the engine.