DashCams (again)

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

DaiRees
Site Admin

DashCams (again)

Post by DaiRees »

Just stumbled across this on the Farcebook....

BxQacmAQNmY

Anyone here?? :supafrisk:

...which got me to thinking that I'd like to get a Dash Cam. Any recommendations?
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
KozmoNaut
2.0 Turbo

Re: DashCams (again)

Post by KozmoNaut »

That was bloody close.

My best advice for dashcams is to go to http://dashcamtalk.com/ and read the reviews/forums, before deciding which one to get.
2000 406 TS4 2.2 saloon
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

.. or watch the Russian crash videos on You tube and see them in real action - frequently. :shock:

Peter
Rolebama
2.0 Turbo

Post by Rolebama »

With a title 'Nearly Got Killed' I must say I expected something a little more hair-raising. That is normal behaviour around here.
I agree about the Russian ones though. Some of them are very scary, and the amount suggests that some of the actions seen are relatively normal.
1998 2.1 GLX TD
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

That was naughty, coulda caused a right old mess that and in the rain too. You can see the 406 driver had to over-correct the steering after his haste to move to the left and the rear end twitched quite strongly as it straightened up.

With a bit of luck it sh*t him up and won't try that again, on a road like that it won't be long before Mr. Dash Cam rolls up behind him 5 minutes later anyway in traffic :roll:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Looks like an average day's drive to Zagreb to me :frown:

These don't look too bad - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21506&hilit=mini+0801 although the one I have is a bit loose in the mount so the images it takes are slightly drunk (but then I ain't making a movie...)

The Ruskies use them because there's a lot of insurance fraud there, lots of argument over who's to blame too...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yeah I've been reading that thread of FP's with interest. Might just have to go for one of them, need the one with GPS too, thinking of mounting it at the bottom of the screen in the corner (you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff behind the mirror on the Volvo, no room for a camera up there!).
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"