USB Audio Adapter

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

deezell

USB Audio Adapter

Post by deezell »

I just want to re-start this discussion from an older thread. When installing a USB interface adapter such as the connects 2 CTAPGUSB010 or the the Yatour YTM06-RD3, it says that the CD Changer function needs to be activated. In one of the ads for the connect 2 model, I've read the line in installation where it said I should connect "VPGX010 to programme vehicle in the following models: 206.... etc" The VPGX010 is the simpler analog minijack audio in cable. The question is, does plugging in one of these activate the head unit to recognise a CD changer? Am I right in saying that this device is then removed and the connects 2 usb device is plugged in and will also be recognised. Otherwise, if I plug in the Connects it will not be recognised, unless I pay a visit to a Pug techhie who will activate the CD on the unit via OBD (in exchange for a quantity of moolah). Second question, if the VPGX adapter activates CD on the head unit, does it also activate the display to show albums, tracks etc. when I plug in the USB unit instead? If all the above is correct, I suppose buying the analog device just to activate the CD setting might be cheaper than a visit to a Pug dealer, I could always sell it again.
benczuk
3.0 24v

Re: USB Audio Adapter

Post by benczuk »

As a rule you have to turn everything on using Peugeot Planet, the stereo may be different, but I very much doubt it. If you do have to enable the feature it is CERTAINLY not something an interface is capable of.

I can say that the Connects2 does a very good job, the sound is not quite up to CD quality with a bit of interference noticeable on quieter tracks, but the ability to control the ipod/iphone though the steering wheel controls is really nice.

If you post your location someone near you may offer their services to turn on the function using their copy of PP.
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

deezell wrote:n one of the ads for the connect 2 model, I've read the line in installation where it said I should connect "VPGX010 to programme vehicle in the following models: 206.... etc" The VPGX010 is the simpler analog minijack audio in cable.
Is that this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C2-Audio-Lead ... 54006a3a05 ? - note the price :shock: :shock:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
deezell

Post by deezell »

steve_earwig wrote: Is that this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/C2-Audio-Lead ... 54006a3a05 ? - note the price :shock: :shock:
Yea, that's it, that high price is just a way of saying it's out of stock. About £30 on Ebay. The Ads for the USB/ipod version of this seem to imply you can activate the head unit CD changer, required to 'see' the USB device, by initially plugging in this simpler device. Lots of conflicting stuff on the blogs, some say it worked straight up (CD changer already activated probably because the boot changer was previously installed). I suppose I could buy it, install it, and if the CD changer is not activated then find someone with PP2000 diagnostic software. I have access to this software, but I think I need a specific OBD Lexia cable for Pug/Citroen, I won't be able to use the software with a generic OBD to USB cable, or Bluetooth OBD connector which I have. thats why the £30 device seems like a cheap way of activation, but the first reply above is adamant this can't be done. The literature for Dension USB devices which are compatiable with later Pug 407's claim to to automatically activate CDC on connection, they would be RD4 devices i think. I'm just getting into this so I'm not fully sure.
deezell

Post by deezell »

Just got a reply from CarAudioWarehouse on EBay:

Hi,

To activate the cd changer input you could either get this done by a dealer or purchase the CTVPGX010 interface and then plug this adaptor into the radio and it will work.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Car Audio Warehouse
1A Phoenix Road
Wolverhampton
WV11 3PX

So according to them this trick works. Has anyone else managed this? Does the track info go to the display? £30 to find out, by buying the device, I could always sell it again.
gumby6371
3.0 24v

Post by gumby6371 »

I think I'd either find someone near by with planet and get a copy yourself, always handy to have diagnostics at hand for niggly faults and it works for most pugs and Citroens so will be useful for friends and family cars aswell.
You may even be able to activate more on your car as a bonus.
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Sorry to resurrect another old thread, but I could do with some advice.

I am terrible with technology, I admit I get a bit scared by it, but I have just taken the plunge and found a Connects2 on ebay - put in a cheeky bid and I won it... 8)

Now, I am happy to plug the thing in and hide it behind the dash somewhere, but can I use any media/Mp3/Mp4 player on it? I haven't got one, so looking at eBay there are a few Ipods going cheap but do I have to use Itunes or something to get the songs or can I put any Mp3's on it from my CD collection?

Update: I have found an old cheapie Mp4 player tucked in a drawer so I don't know if it works or not, will this do? The quality is similar to what would come out of a Christmas Cracker so longevity may be an issue..
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
OllieNZ
2.0 Turbo

Post by OllieNZ »

Is the connects to just an audio in one ie. 2 rca to 3.5 headphone jack? If so then anything will do. If it's usb in then an appropriately formatted usb stick is what you want.
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Kelv, there are a few different versions of the Connects2 interface for the 406. Have you got a model number for yours? Otherwise a picture? :)
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

It's just a headphone Jack I believe, a usb one would be lovely but this'll do for now. I can upgrade to a usb/sd card one in the future.
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

Kelv, what was the auction ID?
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

It was 191203802357 - I hope it works.....?
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Yep that'll be fine! Just plug it into the 3.5mm headphone output of your favourite MP3 player :)
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

Indeed should work fine though you won't get the playlists / steering wheel control integration (track skip etc) as it needs to be the newer one with the dock to get that.