Clarion 6 CD Changer magazine will not eject

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

BikerDon

Clarion 6 CD Changer magazine will not eject

Post by BikerDon »

I have just bought our fourth Peugeot in the family, a 406 HDi Executive estate :D
There are a few niggly things that need sorting so I'll be posting some more real soon.

As the Subject says I can't eject the changer magazine to put some CDs in it.
I can hear the changer cycling through the CD trays when I open the compartment in the boot.
I press the eject button and nothing happens.
I can see tabs of CD trays 4-6 (the bottom three) sticking out from the edge of the magazine.

Any ideas how to extract he magazine please? :?:
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: Clarion 6 CD Changer magazine will not eject

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, again this seems a common problem. With mine I just had to sit patiently in the boot with my finger on the eject button for ages before the magazine came out. I was trying allsorts but it seems if you gently press down on the magazine while hitting eject it did eventually pop out.
I do carry a couple of magazines / cartridges in the back, just for a bit of CD variety, and I have had only a couple of occasions when cartridge didn't come out - it just took a while.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
V6Exec
3.0 24v

Post by V6Exec »

Quite easy to sort - take the changer out, and open the case.
Remember - it only takes a few inches of water to drown a 406 don't make the same mistake I made! The V6 Exec is no more.

406 Coupe S HDi

PP2000 clone interface
MikeBX16V
1.8 8v

Post by MikeBX16V »

If yours is faulty, I have a working one (series 2) you can have for £15 + postage.

You will need to get it recognised by the ECU though, I think a pp2000 can do this.

Mike
pug406nz
1.8 16v

Post by pug406nz »

I just jammed 12v supply plus earth on lots of pins until it ejected. Doesn't cook the changer, not that I cared anyway as I put a new head deck in.