Stereo, loud then quiet

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Stereo, loud then quiet

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Right,
Anyone know what's causing this, thought I'd sorted my stereo fine for two day's then next time I got in the stereo was only just audiable on 30 :shock: ,
stop at shop turn off get out, five minutes get back in & Boom all back to normal 8 is like 30 fine for the next three to four times & then back to flat out to just hear it :x .
Do you think that the stereo is at fault, I've read on other forum's that there's problems with dry soldered joint's in the stereo's :(
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: Stereo, loud then quiet

Post by lozz »

Have you had any crackling noise from any of the speakers.
There couid be a break or chaff in one of the wires to the speakers somewhere,normally door looms

The pug radios are sensitive to shorts so if that happens it cuts the power to the speaker out puts
To protect it from burning out.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Maybe it has auto volume on and it's malfunctioning? :?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

No crackling Loz, & according to my pp2000 Steve the auto volume is not active :roll: ,
Anyhow got in this morning, no sound what so ever :x turned it on & off three times over a 15min period.
Can you guess what happend the third time.
F*****g beeping again :evil: , I am rapidly loosing patience & am gonna smash something soon :twisted:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Right well I've finaly sorted it :lol: :cheesy: :lol: 8) ,
I took the plunge & bought a nos stereo off ebay & within five minutes of install, all working just as it should & the best it has done since I owned the car! :roll: .

To be honist I thought somthing was amiss as soon as I got the pp2000 up & running. :frown:

Because it didn't matter what I tryed, be it a global test / replacement part's / ect: (I think I tryed about 4-5 different option's).
But every time when I connected to the stereo ECU it would flag up. Warning : ECU Fitted to 307 AUTORADIO.
INCORRECT MATCHING OF THE ECU ( incorrect engine, system or vehicle). FIT A CORRECT ECU.
In spite of this incorrect matching of the ECU, do you wish to continue the diagnostics procedure?

What the F**k does all this mean, search me. All I know is most times it would not let me configure it, but a couple of times it would & then it would work a few times before spitting the dummy again :evil: .

So anyway thanks to FarmerPug & his v,very usefull youtube vid's.
I noticed that when he put's in a replacement stereo, when he goe's in to re-configure it, that the vin code for the vehicle it's come out off come's up & he just has to alter it to his own & Bob's yer uncle it work's.

Well when I tryed to re-configure mine, every time the vin would come up blank & I'd get the message mentioned above :wink:
So I got to thinking that either someone has changed the stereo for the wrong unit, but I don't think from my research that the 307 stereo's look the same as the 406 or someone's been messing around with it or it's just F.U.B.A.R 'd.
It just seems very odd that it seemed to work fine for the first five to six week's :? .

But anyway like I said at the start, all's fine now in fact I think it work's better than the old unit ever did 8) ,
It's just cost me a total of about £270.00 :shock: to get this far,
pp2000 £85.00 / laptop £108.00 / drinks for my I.T buddy £25.00 & £50.00 for the nos stereo :roll: .
Still at least I've got the diagnostic's now ready for the next prob :supafrisk:
Hope this might help anyone who's suffering similar problems :)