Rear speakers not working

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: Rear speakers not working

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

danllew wrote:After going to a dealer to ask them about the problem the guy behind the desk told me that my reason behind the speakers not working (fade option not being activated) wasn't good enough and before they could do anything they'd need to do a diagnostic check which would cost £140 and then an additional £70 for any work they would need to do to get the speakers working after that. So i called them scamming gits and replaced the head unit to a sony one as it has usb and aux connections. This has fixed the problem and the sound is so much better. But i now have the problem of the new head unit not turning on when i turn the ignition on or turning off when i turn the car off and take the key out. I have to do both manually and when i turn the car on again none of the settings have been saved which is a real pain. I'm half tempted to return the new head unit and just deal with the rear speakers not working if i cant fix this issue. Can anyone offer some advice on how to solve this problem?

Thanks, Dan.
That's why we call em main steelers bud :lol:.
I have to agree with nightshade on you aftermarket stereo, You will have a permanent live feed from fag lighter ect: & a positive supply from a switched ing source. Your instruction's for your new H.U should tell you what wires do what & if it helps I have my handbook for D9 modles which tells you which wires are which in your harness in the car :mrgreen:
Hope this is of some help Paul.
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
danllew
1.6 8v

Re: Rear speakers not working

Post by danllew »

Thank you nightshade & dirtydirtydiesel, I've done exactly that and its working fine, switches on when I turn the ignition on and goes off when I turn the ignition off, perfect. Thank you very much.
2.0 LX HDI Estate (110bhp)