Stalk adaptor for new hu?

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

Tomeb

Stalk adaptor for new hu?

Post by Tomeb »

Short and easy, I have a pug 406 estate 2.0 HDi 2002-model. (Clarion hu with jbl integrated system) I have taken out the integrated Clarion tape player (got the cd changer in the bot) and integrated a Kenwood hu ( kdc-6051u). What do I need to make this work?

From the searching I've done, I found out these things: (can anyone please verify?)
Need 2 wires/leads: one that goes in car and one specific to the hu (in this case kenwood)
I lose the some of the things one the little screen (mfd or something?) what do I lose then?
Something about how advanced the wiring is? Fully mux or something like that? What does that mean? (I have the iso contact of that is any useful info....)

I also got a parrot handsfree installed, but I cant control its volume through the kenwood. Any solutions?
Right now im using the jbl integrated system, but im not going to use this for long, planning om installing comp.set and sub with amplifiers within the next month (so ofcourse the stalk adaptor has to work with that system!)

Thanks in advance for answers :)
Cheers.
notrix
1.8 8v

Re: Stalk adaptor for new hu?

Post by notrix »

As far as I have found out this is what you need to get the stalk control to work with your Kenwood HU;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360849008734? ... EBIDX%3AIT

They include the required lead. The CTKENWOODLEAD should support new and older Kenwood models.

Let me know if you have resolved this as I'm currently considering the same setup for my 2002 HDI Estate :)