Executive jbl questions ?

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

mattyg
1.8 16v

Executive jbl questions ?

Post by mattyg »

Hi folks

Ive blown a dash tweeter on my d9 exec and was wondering if the coupe one is the same? And to try and find one a bit easier ?

also my headunit makes a loud cracking sound sometimes whilst listening to the radio. Ive had it apart a few times and gone over the board with a soldering iron at any suspect joints and this seems to cure it for a few months but now its getting more and more frequent. I was wondering if i can use the same head unit out of a non jbl specced car and will it work with my system after being re coded ?.Im loathed to ditch the standard system as it sounds great but looks crap to the average thief lol !

Thanks Matt
Petrol executive 2001 model Running on L.P.G
mjb
Site Admin

Re: Executive jbl questions ?

Post by mjb »

The cracking sound will be a bad connection *somewhere*. Try re-seating the plugs on the back of the stereo and on the amp. IIRC Supafrisk got a sparky to sort the same problem out with her car many years ago and the problem was traced to a worn wire along the passenger door sill?

You can't use a standard head unit because the JBL unit puts out line level through its speaker outputs. Also the BSI will need re-coding to it. There are *issues* with plugging in standard head units (OEM or aftermarket) due to the low output required and evil ground loops
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Re: Executive jbl questions ?

Post by Captain Jack »

Or rip it all out and put your own thing in (like I did).

Ditto on the ground loops. Had horrible alternator whine when I attached an aftermarket HU to my JBL using line-outputs.
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium