How to amplify speakers

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

How to amplify speakers

Post by FarmerPug »

A friend has a van with seats in the back and a tv, there is speakers in the back and wires from the speakers that end near the tv, i have soldered a 3.5mm jack onto the end of some wires so i can connect the speaker wires up to the jack using terminal blocks, but the sound coming out of the speakers is still a bit weak, what is the best sort of amplifier/device to give the speakers more volume?

Would one of these do the job?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 689wt_1144
Using a 3.5mm to RCA lead to connect the tv into the box, and then connect the two speakers up to the output of the box, would it be much louder, at the moment the speakers are not loud enough to hear when the van is moving.
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: How to amplify speakers

Post by lozz »

Hi,
that one in the link wouid do the job,

this one might be slightly better, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Mini-Silve ... 41667ff352

Have you not got a maplins in Eire?
they might have some in there if so, it wouid save waiting for the parcel monkey to fetch one,

if your not in any rush for a amp ive got a sony car amp you can have free of charge.
let us know if you want it and iwill send it to you,
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Thanks lozz that link looks like the job, ive just ordered one i can mount it up on the ceiling and use them click connectors for the speaker wires, great stuff thanks.

The offer of the sony amp is very kind, again thanks for that.

As for maplin, there is one in belfast, they also do delivery, but the ebay one will do fine there is no rush in getting this thing sorted for him, i dont know why he is concerned with the tv the van is due its mot in a week and he has had f**k all done for it and as far as i can see there is a massive amount of work to do.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

the amp arrived very easy to install and the sound out is great