estate subwoofer

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

Nightshade
1.8 16v

estate subwoofer

Post by Nightshade »

Chaps,

I'm trying to decide if I should put my sub and amps into my D8. Part of the reason behind getting her is the practicality of being able to shift a wardrobe and throw our ever bigger Labrador into the boot. Am trying to decide on the best course of action. Either using some sort of connector like the Fli ones to keep the box removable and lugging it in and out of the boot all the time, or installing in a way that doesn't render the load space useless.

Do any of you guys have pics of sensible installs? Something that can work everyday?

I'm toying with the idea of using the hidden recesses at the back of the boot, as I prefer smaller subwoofers and have a 10" rockford that's doing nothing. Has anyone used this space and any ideas what I'd need to do to install here? I had a quick shifty round the offside space and found some kind of black box with a rubber flap that lead to the inner wheel arch. No idea what that is, or if it'd be a problem for installing there?

Thanks in advance
1.9 XUD, 97 estate
midsmike
3.0 24v

Re: estate subwoofer

Post by midsmike »

Alright mate I use a vibe fast fit so I can remove my sub wen I need the full boot in my saloon
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red