aerial cable

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

john170277
2.0 Turbo

aerial cable

Post by john170277 »

been having trouble recieving fm stations and cant get am at all i have replaced aerial base but still the same am thinking of changing the entire cable from aerial base to stereo only problem i have got is the cable is in on long piece with no connectors so will have to buy the whole lot
would this work or will i have to find an alternative method
rwb
3.0 24v

Re: aerial cable

Post by rwb »

I think this a common failure on Clarion head units. It's the unit, not the aerial. I don't know of any fix -- other than getting a new head unit. (I've had no FM for a couple of years now.)

Current: 407 2.2 HDi 170 & C6 2.7 HDi.
Former: 406 1.9 TD; 406 HDi 90; 407 2.2 160; 307cc 180; 508 HDi 140.
Map of PeugeotForums users offering PP2k
john170277
2.0 Turbo

Post by john170277 »

rwb wrote:I think this a common failure on Clarion head units. It's the unit, not the aerial. I don't know of any fix -- other than getting a new head unit. (I've had no FM for a couple of years now.)
i tried on original haed unit and on my after market stereo still the same
itsmepaul57

Post by itsmepaul57 »

I have a 12 year old Peugeot 1.8 405 estate - cherry red I think: W reg, year 2000. I too am having problems with Fm radio reception from the standard clarion radio.

Yesterday I went to Halfords who installed a nice new JVC Cd/Radio . But still no FM!!!

The guy pulled down the overheard courtesy light and said there was quite a bit of corrosion going on and that this was likely the problem.

Today I tried to drop the courtesy light unit again to have a look at it - but I broke into a real sweat trying to release it and couldn't gain access.

Anyone know the trick of unclipping the courtesy light unit above the mirror without breaking it?????.

Mine is NOT the version with the two screws at the back (as shown in Haynes manual). Mine seems to hinge at the back of the unit.

I'm hoping if I can get to it I can clean off the corrosion..

By the way i do have a copy of the Haynes manual for the 406 online - all 388 pages if anybody would like a copy.

Thanx for any advice

Paul Edwards ,Gatwick

UPDATE: today a nice new aerial arrived from ebay - gleaming new thread - fitted it - nothing!!!! still no reception!!!!

now what?

PE
Last edited by itsmepaul57 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stokeydaz
1.6 8v

Post by stokeydaz »

I would love a copy of the Haynes manual Paul :cheesy:
Cheers

Daz.

3.0 v6 estate '98