on/off button d8 how to fix

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

omega
3.0 24v

on/off button d8 how to fix

Post by omega »

a while ago my on off button disapperd somewhere and for ages ive been sticking my didgit/pen etc to switch it on,then today while shifting throuh some spares ive found another radio thats complete :cheesy:
which leaves me with 2 questions
1- how do i remove the button without wrecking it?[dont mind wrecking the radio as its scrap]

2- how does it fit/fix into my radio

and 3 while we talking about radios why does mine switch off after about 30 mins?
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Re: on/off button d8 how to fix

Post by jonsowman »

I had this problem, basically one of the plastic tabs becomes weak over time and snaps very easily causing the button to fall off.

I tried several people and all were either broken already, or broke on removal.

I ended up just getting a broken one (thanks Gary!) and put a small blob of superglue on the right hand side of the button (nearest the middle of the headunit). Stuck on, feels perfect and has worked nicely ever since!
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

jonsowman wrote:I had this problem, basically one of the plastic tabs becomes weak over time and snaps very easily causing the button to fall off.

I tried several people and all were either broken already, or broke on removal.

I ended up just getting a broken one (thanks Gary!) and put a small blob of superglue on the right hand side of the button (nearest the middle of the headunit). Stuck on, feels perfect and has worked nicely ever since!

well found my old button but not having any superglue i filled the back up with blu tak been on a week now and working fine.
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Glad you got it sorted :) For what it's worth, my superglued one is also still fine.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey