Installing Sub and Amps under seat!

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

Pilch
2.2 16v

Installing Sub and Amps under seat!

Post by Pilch »

Hi guys, looking at installing a sub and amp under the driver/passenger seats.

Dont really want to do it in the boot - in the way a bit + wet dog wouldnt be a good idea so i thought about under the seats.

Not looking at a huge system.

My previous sub and amp in old cars where just all in one jobbies, not seperate units.

Would being placed under the seat be ok for them especially the amp if it gets hot?

Also what about 12v for the amp, would that need to be direct to the battery, also what about the electrics would it cause error codes on the dash?
midsmike
3.0 24v

Re: Installing Sub and Amps under seat!

Post by midsmike »

Pilch wrote:Hi guys, looking at installing a sub and amp under the driver/passenger seats.

Dont really want to do it in the boot - in the way a bit + wet dog wouldnt be a good idea so i thought about under the seats.

Not looking at a huge system.

My previous sub and amp in old cars where just all in one jobbies, not seperate units.

Would being placed under the seat be ok for them especially the amp if it gets hot?

Also what about 12v for the amp, would that need to be direct to the battery, also what about the electrics would it cause error codes on the dash?
ive seen a video on youtube wiv a 406 wiv subs under the seats ill find it and put the link up oh and the 12v needs to come from the battery
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Re: Installing Sub and Amps under seat!

Post by Gary406 »

should be ok in terms of heat . dont think under the seat would be a good place to put them really ?
how would you fit a sub under there ? most subs require say........ a 3 cubic feet box to perform as required.

12v supply to all external amps needs to be direct from battery yes.
no it wont give and fault issues on the dash

if i was you and wanted a bit more bass. i would fit a 10" sub in a standard box in the boot and cover the sub with a proper sub grill. then your dog wont do any harm to it at all.
and wouldnt take much room.
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)