Replacement Stereo Suggestions

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

gumby6371
3.0 24v

Replacement Stereo Suggestions

Post by gumby6371 »

I'm considering changing the standard radio/tape in my D8 and was wondering if anyone knows of a reasonably priced head unit that will work with my remote stalk without the need for adaptors and patch leads.
I've got a Ministry of Sound head unit that my girlfriend had in her old car that plays MP3 from SD card and USB but after I've shelled out for the adaptor etc I was thinking maybe just buy a cheap unit that will just plug and play.
Any suggestions?
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE
mjb
Site Admin

Re: Replacement Stereo Suggestions

Post by mjb »

If you want the stalk, you'll have to faff about with leads/adapters/etc. To my knowledge there's no head unit on the market that speaks d8 stalk, besides the oem one obviously
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
leestudd30
2.0 Turbo

Re: Replacement Stereo Suggestions

Post by leestudd30 »

As above, you always needs adaptors and possibly patch leads as well. To be fair, on my old vectra when it had the factory stereo fitted I never used the steering wheel controls anyway!
1997 2 litre GLX 4dr now dead!
2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso Desire HDi