ipod connectors

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

ipod connectors

Post by FarmerPug »

has anyone used these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-4 ... 576wt_1376

having a bit of trouble with the fm transmitter and got sick of the same songs in the cd changer, do these work well with the standard radio?
pigboy306
1.8 16v

Re: ipod connectors

Post by pigboy306 »

I used one with my Megane (before it combusted (the car not the connect2 box)) worked a treat just allowed the radio to see the Ipod as a CD changer, dont expect track display on your HU but it did work with the stalk. I'm not saying any of that will be the same for the Pug but they do have a web site... http://www.connects2.co.uk/
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

i purchased it and tried it out in the back of the radio, not fully installed with the wires tidied away but it works. sound quality is better than the cd changer and there is none of that zappy didzzt dut dizz noise that used to be there too often now it only happens when a calls coming in.

the stalk will change the songs on the iphone as well as fast forward and rewind which is very handy as changing the song on a touchscreen iphone and driving is not possible.

song titles dont appear on the radio screen just the time how long they have played, but the iphone also gets charged at the same time so its possible to leave its display lit to display the track.

these are definatley a good bit of kit
pigboy306
1.8 16v

Post by pigboy306 »

pleased it worked for you i will probably get one but have to off load my megane one first!
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

Its still in the car, its still working fine, having controls of the music through the radio or stalks is the best bit.
Here was the video i made the time it went into the car:
luckex1sVSg
Its also helpful for other bits of the 406 interior.