Open Door... Stereo switches on

In Car Entertainment, Sat-Nav, Mobile Phones, Media players etc., whats hot, and whats not!

Moderator: Moderators

MichealKnight

Open Door... Stereo switches on

Post by MichealKnight »

Hi,

I have just installed an aftermarket stereo in my 2003 406 1.9 s (90) 117k. If i get in the car in the morning as soon as I open the door the stereo switches on automatically. This also happens when I open the tail gate... Totally baffled...does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to prevent it?

Also the stereo resets its self if i switch it off and come back to it in the morning....all bass/treble etc settings are all reset to factory default and I have to re-adjust it every time i use it. Any ideas? Stereo is jvc kdg-611. Prob about 6 years old.

Any ideas, Thanks,
Jon.
omega
3.0 24v

Re: Open Door... Stereo switches on

Post by omega »

tell kitt to stop messing about
MichealKnight

Post by MichealKnight »

This shouldn't be happening...he's been de-commissoined for years. Any other ideas.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

omega wrote:tell kitt to stop messing about
:lol: :lol:

Sounds like you've (at least) got the switched & permanent lives mixed up, that's probably why it's losing the settings. Try to eliminate that problem first, then see what you've got.
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

You've not used an adapter (or not the correct one anyway) to connect up the power connector on your stereo. D9 406s have a set of VAN lines going through that connector, which are causing your stereo to act strangely. There's also a high probability the BSI will react badly to it too, possible causing some very expensive damage.

Look up the connector pin-out for D9 406s and make sure the VAN pins are not connected to your stereo
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
MichealKnight

Post by MichealKnight »

Thanks for all the suggestions...I will get to work!

Thanks again,
Jon.